 Off-Topic / Pun / 16
Re: Proxy ratcheting: How do auction systems work?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.pun
Date:
Wed, 5 May 1999 00:27:06 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) writes:
In lugnet.market.auction, jdiri14897@email.msn.com (John DiRienzo) writes:
Steve Bliss writes:
About the issue of whether new bids have to beat the proxy by the
increment amount, I say this:  as long as I can't be sniped at the
last minute, I don't care.  If someone beats me by a small amount
or a large amount, if I'm still willing to bid higher, I will.
But if I don't have time to make another bid, I (and the seller)
are effectively screwed.

Now wait, screwed by who?

Apparently screwed by the other bidder, but actually screwed by the broken
auction system.

But I'm not bidder.

--Todd