 Marketplace / Auctions / 1349
Re: Proxy ratcheting: How do auction systems work?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 13:31:08 GMT

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999 08:52:50 GMT, "John DiRienzo"
<jdiri14897@email.msn.com> wrote:

  One last point regarding eBay.  The system which is so unfair, and causes
so many people frustration also causes many people pleasure.

Yes, but a large measure of the pleasure is a negative pleasure, that of
intentionally hurting other people.  I'm pretty sure most people who snipe
don't think much about it, they're just playing the game by the rules, but
there are also plenty of people who seriously enjoy cutting other people
off.

Steve