 Marketplace / Auctions / 1387
Re: Proxy ratcheting: How do auction systems work?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 04:00:30 GMT

Well in that case I guess you'd have to do some math and make your proxy
the amount of percentage it should be in order for them to have to beat
you by the percent rate.
At least that's what I would do.
I think the way it's done now is fair, you take your chances if you
don't figure it by the percent increase.

Dons flame retardant suit, though doesn't matter, no one listens to me
anyway :)
Tamy

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Here's a real example of why you should have to beat the top of a proxy
by the min increment.

On serious collector, check out lot A 1382:
http://www.seriouscollector.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=A1382

A1382      Lego Dacta Bonanza: Controller, P/S, ISA  Card, Lab Kits (2)
   maico  $55.50   $55.00   $55.00

I bid this with a solid proxy bid of 55.00. Seems to me that if Maico
can beat my bid by 50 cents, I shouldn't have to beat his by 3.00 (after
applying rounding rules against a bump of 5%).

Nothing against Maico, he's bidding under the rules, but I'm still not
happy.

FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.