 Marketplace / Auctions / 1345
Re: Proxy ratcheting: How do auction systems work?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 13:16:42 GMT

John DiRienzo wrote:
About a black mark, if you had to go
to the emergency room for whatever reason, and had to shell out all your
savings to pay for treatment, do you really believe you deserve a black mark
for being unable to pay??

Yes. Should you be bidding in auctions if you haven't organized your
life sufficiently to have bought insurance? No, you shouldn't. If you do
anyway, and have to welsh because you didn't think things through, you
deserve a black mark.

Else you're not suffering the consequences of your actions.

A certain seller once took an inordinately long time to follow through
on shipments "because his car broke down". If he hadn't stated up front
that settlement was liable to be slow (which he didn't, and which I, and
Todd, do) he was cheating his buyers. Same principle.

FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.