 Marketplace / Auctions / 1348
Re: Proxy ratcheting: How do auction systems work?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 13:35:16 GMT

Hey, that's a cool name that might work.

Why not lugnet.market.discuss? (or STB lugnet.market.disc? Use appropriate
abbreviation here)  The topic du jour may be auction philosophies and the
best rules to build an auction around, but there are other discussion-type
topics which could be addressed with a discussion group.

I was just going to say that.

I think that a lugnet.market.discussion or similar would encompass all
the issues that have been presented without misleading in any way.  It's
not as specific as .theory or .technology which I consider a plus, but
others may not.

Additionally, I agree with Larry that a new group isn't needed, but it
would be OK.

--
Sincerely,

Christopher L. Weeks