 Marketplace / Auctions / 1388
Re: [DISC] Shortcircuit eBay?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 04:22:16 GMT

What is so bad about sniping?  I don't think I have ever done it, but I'm
not sure I completely understand it.  Is it like driving in the left lane
that you know is going to be closed in a half mile but you drive that lane
anyway and dodge in at the last minute?

John
(Devil's Advocate)

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message

Steve Bliss wrote:

Interesting.  Except I'd rather not void an otherwise valid-bid.  And I
don't care if newcomer enters late in the game.  They just have to be • able
to hold the bid for the X minutes required before I close the auction.

Basically, I think the auction would turn into a live auction for the • last
24 hours.

But, I doubt that people would keep up with intense bidding for very • long.
If it looked like they were going to do so, I would check back later • (like
after 30 minutes or so).  Once the bidding stops, I would go ahead and
close up shop.

What if bidding is perking along at a rate just short of lasting long
enough to close down, and you run off the end of the time period?
Whoever has it then wins. Back to where you were before. Snipers still
can win.

FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.