 Marketplace / Auctions / 1409
Re: [DISC] Shortcircuit eBay?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 17:32:17 GMT

Instead of complaining about e-bay, do not use it. Post to here, or RTL.

Why?  I complain about my government, but I use it anyway.  Not like I have
a choice, or anything.

You know, even live auctions can have "snipers".

Steve, I am sorry I struck a nerve with you. I certainly just added my $0.02
to the mix. I did not realize you were so very passionate about e-bay.

Unlike the government, or more importantly the IRS, e-bay is a choice.
Auctions, even live auctions, can bring outrageous prices. As far as e-bay,
I have purchased there, and have sold there. As an alternative to e-bay, try
supporting Yahoo, Serious Collector, or RTL and Lugnet. E-bay is a HUGE
company now, and the others are just starting out. I am not sure,
truthfully, what can be done by an auction host to stop sniping at or near
the end of an auction. Cutting an auction short for almost any reason tells
me that the seller just wants to get a certain price for his goods, and not
the highest price.

I trade for sets, buy sale sets for others, and have people do the same for
me. Lugnet and RTL have been wonderful for not only Lego, but for meeting
honest and wonderful people.

Eric