 Marketplace / Auctions / 1390
Re: [DISC] Shortcircuit eBay?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 06:33:58 GMT

   Hi Lego auction enthusiasts,

   I want to give this idea below some consideration.  I had an auction end
last night where the bidder who had the high bid for five days was outbid
with forty seconds remaining.  Needless to say, he was upset, and said he
was willing to pay over $50 above the final bid.  I would like more input on
implementing the idea Steve came up with - it could help me, and my bidders.
I thought the idea of ending the auction prior to its scheduled ending time
was a little absurd, but this idea seems more practical.  One disadvantage I
see, for bidders, is that it could be used as a hidden reserve, in a way, or
like a shill bidder.  Larry seems to like it, so do y'all think it would
work?  Like Larry said, it would put me in a position to get negative
feedback, and I sure don't need that!  Thanks, and see my RTL post for the
sets I will be auctioning next, there's a few good ones.

--

   Have fun!

John ( jdiri14897@email.msn.com ) remove NOSPAM:
John's Lego Web Trade Page:
http://www114.pair.com/ig88/lego/index.htm
MOC,CA[cl,bf,cr,fm,bk+++ wp,dm,rk,df++ fk-]++++(6035)
SW,TR,old(456)+++ TO++ PI,SP+ DU--
#+++++ S LS¼ Hy? M+ A+++ LM-- IC12m
Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <3724CECE.19F8044E@voyager.net>...
"Mitchell I. Puschett" wrote:

Instead, put a note in the auction text that you reserve the right not to
honor
any bid placed in the last X minutes unless placed by a previous bidder • in
the same auction. You might also offer the established high-bidder - the
person who was in the top spot for most of the auction - the right to
purchase the item at the final price. I believe eBay allows you the • option
to void a bidder as long as your policies and procedures are spelled out
up front.

Awesome idea! I think this is better than closing the auction
unexpectedly. I did not know eBay allowed that. Might get negative
feedback from your sniper, but you can very well reply to it clarifying
that you did what you said you would.

FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.