 Marketplace / Auctions / 1417
Re: [DISC] Shortcircuit eBay?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 20:46:59 GMT

Eric,

It appears that you have an overly-strong emotional attachment to this
issue.  It might be a good idea to step back, take a breather, and avoid
being rude.  As an "intelligent adult" you should be able to handle this
kind of disagreement without resulting to the tone that you seem to have assumed.

R2 wrote:

  I want to give this idea below some consideration.  I had an auction end
last night where the bidder who had the high bid for five days was outbid
with forty seconds remaining.  Needless to say, he was upset, and said he
was willing to pay over $50 above the final bid.

STOP WHINING! If your buyer was willing to pay $50 above the last bid
amount, he/she SHOULD have made their "maximum bid" higher - $50 dollars
higher!!!

I agree with the sentiment that he should have bid the amount he was
willing to pay, but again, your tone is out of line.

GET REAL! When I bid, I know what I am willing to pay for something.
Therefore, I set my maximum at that level. If someone is willing to pay more
than I am LET THEM HAVE IT!!!

Maybe you do, but most people don't know what they're willing to pay.
It's a dynamic decision based on numerous changing factors.

I do not need to be baby sat!!

A) I don't think the suggested method is a form of intrusive baby-sitting.

B) Are you sure?

Sometimes I can't watch the auctions all day.

And?

I know what something is worth, and feel that I can make that dicision for
myself. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THE DICISION FOR ME!!!

The first vowel in decision is an e.

Signed,

Eric
(an intelligent adult!!!!)