 Marketplace / Auctions / 1459
Re: [DISC] Shortcircuit eBay?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 04:06:09 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, galliard@shades-of-night.com (James Brown) writes:
[...]
I know there's some holes in the logic, but the point is there.

It certainly is...  Well said!

I usually
know how much I'm willing to spend on something, but I can't very readily
predict how much I _can_ spend on something.  Does that make sense?"

That's an awesome way to explain it!

Yes, but my maximum amount on two lots together may be more than my budget.
If I don't have the opportunity to re-evaluate each time I am outbid, I have
to predict, in advance, how much of my budget goes to each lot.  I think
it is unnecessary to point out how wildly prices on e-bay can vary.

Ditto on that.

It isn't a matter of holding to a decision, it's a matter of managing a set
amount of money across several lots that have fluid prices.

Yes!  Yes!

would re-think purchasing at auctions. It all boils down to discipline.

No, it boils down to economics.

Touche!

--Todd