 Marketplace / Auctions / 1381
Re: [DISC] Shortcircuit eBay?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 19:54:18 GMT

Instead, put a note in the auction text that you reserve the right not to
honor
any bid placed in the last X minutes unless placed by a previous bidder in
the same auction. You might also offer the established high-bidder - the
person who was in the top spot for most of the auction - the right to
purchase the item at the final price. I believe eBay allows you the option
to void a bidder as long as your policies and procedures are spelled out
up front.

Steve Bliss wrote:
I had an idea about how to frustrate snipers on eBay.  What if I, as a
seller, made a clear announcement in an auction's text that 24 hours
before the auction closed, I would start watching the auction status.
Once the high bid was at least X minutes old, I would close the auction.