 Marketplace / Auctions / 1468
Re: [DISC] Shortcircuit eBay?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 13:25:05 GMT

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999 04:15:08 GMT, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) wrote:

In lugnet.market.auction, blisses@worldnet.att.net (Steve Bliss) writes:
1: I have other reasons for considering e-bay "bad", this is simply an
example of why it's stupid. :)

Like the fact that I just this morning received a "daily eBay update" which
was two days stale?  It listed my auction (which closed two days ago), with
an old high-bid?  And I still haven't received the auction-closing
confirmation e-mail from this auction which closed two days ago?

What's the outgoing datestamp from the originating SMTP mailserver?  Maybe
the message was just tied up in SMTP congestion (which isn't that uncommon).

I'll have to look.  BTW, just this morning I received the end-of-auction
message.

Steve