 Marketplace / Auctions / 1456
Re: Planning, not arguments, please (was Re: [DISC] Shortcircuit eBay?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 02:19:37 GMT

Steve Bliss wrote in message <37271966.8425450@lugnet.com>...
On Wed, 28 Apr 1999 06:24:29 GMT, "John DiRienzo"
<jdiri14897@email.msn.com> wrote:

No, you tell the sniper to go reread the announcement.
It is kind of funny that we are trying to figure out a way to make eBay
auctions run more fairly, and our idea of 'more fair' leads to the
conclusion that auctions run 'our way' will tend to cost buyers more money.
Steve

   The rules, if clearly stated, should not be arguable, although they still
will upset some snipers.

   Funny - yes, thats true, but the actual motive is to give the rightful
(or previous high) bidder a chance against the sniper.  If the auction had
extended itself as in The Serious Collector auction, the snipee is given a
"second chance" opportunity for raising his own bid.  Of course the bid
rises, whenever there is a new bid.  I have heard from many snipees who
would certainly appreciate such a second chance, and if it raises the price
for my items as a seller, thats all the more reason for me to try it.  Not
that I have anything to complain about.

   Do bidders like this idea though?  Will they read and understand the
rule?  Some bidders *only* look at auctions in the "ending today" and
"going, going, gone" lists, and only bid at the last minute - is this
attempt to make things fairer really any fairer?  Will eBay end the auction
early because you have tried to manipulate their rules?  Anything else?

--

   Have fun!

John ( jdiri14897@email.msn.com ) remove NOSPAM:
John's Lego Web Trade Page:
http://www114.pair.com/ig88/lego/index.htm
MOC,CA[cl,bf,cr,fm,bk+++ wp,dm,rk,df++ fk-]++++(6035)
SW,TR,old(456)+++ TO++ PI,SP+ DU--
#+++++ S LS¼ Hy? M+ A+++ LM-- IC12m