 Marketplace / Auctions / 1415
Re: [DISC] Shortcircuit eBay?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 20:11:56 GMT

Last post, I promise.....

I guess I cannot see how my theories have been proven false in prior
postings. I am not trying to start a war of words. I would just like to
understand where the problem is.

Are you opposed to how e-bay fixed-end auctions treat the seller or the
buyer?

If the buyer's side is the bad case, I still feel that everyone has a
"maximum" amount above which they will not pay. If you are addressing the
issue of your $100 bid getting beaten by someone at $101, I would respond by
saying that your "maximum" was not your "maximum". If one does not hold firm
with a decision on a maximum to pay for something, they are my dream buyer!
If a buyer cannot resolve his/her own problem with holding to a decision, I
would re-think purchasing at auctions. It all boils down to discipline.

If it is the seller's side that you are speaking to, things are much easier:
If I am selling an item for $100 and someone wants to pay me $1 more for the
same item, I say great.

Eric