 Marketplace / Auctions / 1398
Re: [DISC] Shortcircuit eBay?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 12:46:09 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, John DiRienzo writes:
  Hi Lego auction enthusiasts,

  I want to give this idea below some consideration.  I had an auction end
last night where the bidder who had the high bid for five days was outbid
with forty seconds remaining.  Needless to say, he was upset, and said he
was willing to pay over $50 above the final bid.
<snip>

If he was willing to pay 50$ more wy didn't he put his proxy 50$ more in the
first place?

By snipping at the end of an auction give you the chance of winning the bid for
lest money.

Bidder A put a bid of 50$ with proxy of 100$ 3 day before end

bidder B put 110$ with proxy of 125$ 2 hour later

bidder A want it back and decide to put money with incremental bid to 130$

Bidder B also want it back and well... few dollards more put a proxy bid of
150$

bidder A ...

or bidder B wait until the last minutes and put 150$ proxy and have it for 110$

I know that system could be frustrating I used it before and other poeple used
it against my bids.

but the point is ** if you are willing to pay X amount for an item make that
proxy bid for X not less then be sorry **

even in traditionnal auction you could be out bidded by late comer

In two different lugnet driven auction I had a new metroliner * going twice *
before loosing it to someone else and it went higher than I can afford to bid

That is the auction purpuse to get the highest money for the sellers, If you
want to sell it for less do a first bid got it.

Martin