 Marketplace / Auctions / 1397
Re: [DISC] Shortcircuit eBay?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 12:46:22 GMT

Whoa, hold on there, pardner!  I don't know if I'd equate the two!  You could
just shoot  someone who drives like that;-)  As far as sniping goes, I have
come in late on occasion and put in last minute bids but the difference was
that, sometimes, the standing bid was so high (for me), that I finally gave
up.  Which is how it should be.  In the end you bid your max and the highest
wins.  *Sometimes* you get lucky and you get something cheaper than for which
you would have bid.  If anything IMO, G1,G2,Sold promotes "auction fever" where
two people keep insanely bidding against each other out of spite, "forgetting"
the ultimate value of the part or set on which they are bidding.  Maybe it
would be best to make an auction anonymous?

-J2 (the 2 standing for .02)

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

John Matthews wrote:

What is so bad about sniping?  I don't think I have ever done it, but I'm
not sure I completely understand it.  Is it like driving in the left lane
that you know is going to be closed in a half mile but you drive that lane
anyway and dodge in at the last minute?

Yes, but worse.

But we digress.

FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.