 Marketplace / Auctions / 1402
Re: [DISC] Shortcircuit eBay?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 14:54:27 GMT

Martin Legault wrote:

In lugnet.market.auction, John DiRienzo writes:
  Hi Lego auction enthusiasts,

  I want to give this idea below some consideration.  I had an auction end
last night where the bidder who had the high bid for five days was outbid
with forty seconds remaining.  Needless to say, he was upset, and said he
was willing to pay over $50 above the final bid.
<snip>

If he was willing to pay 50$ more wy didn't he put his proxy 50$ more in the
first place?

This has been discussed in detail before. Several dozen appends right
here in this very group debunk this line of reasoning, at least for a
significant fraction of buyers. You might want to review that rather
than repeating the same argument again, which has been thoroughly
discredited from my perspective.

FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.