 Marketplace / Auctions / 1433
Re: Planning, not arguments, please (was Re: [DISC] Shortcircuit eBay?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 04:32:18 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

What this thread IS supposed to be is a discussion of whether there is a
way to get a different behaviour out of eBay than the standard out of
the box one, without violating the rules eBay has set up.

eBay states on page: http://pages.ebay.com/aw/seller-cancel-bid.html

You may ... cancel bids placed in your auction,
if you have a valid reason. [Y]ou should only
cancel bids you have a good reason to cancel.
Your cancellation will be publicized in the bidding
history for this auction, and you may be asked to
explain your cancellation to the bidder or other
bidders. If the cancellation was not legitimate,
you open yourself to potential negative feedback
from other users.

Invalidating bids based on when they were placed seems to fall under
"legitimate" and "valid" if the rules of the auction were clearly defined
beforehand.