 Administrative / General / 10045
  Re: Do you think there is a market for your MOCs on eBay? Please discuss...

(...) You are completely missing the point. You are one of the "twits who actively undermine it with non constructive sniping". Read Brian's words addressed to you again (the ones you have deleted): ==+== My whole point was simply to point out that (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) I wasn't going to get into this, but your post really makes me sick. I just read the thread history of this..... setting the Bricksmiths issue aside [1], I'd like to discuss the issue of community policing, and how it is a Good Thing(TM). (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Do you think there is a market for your MOCs on eBay? Please discuss...

(...) Scott, Here is what I've taken from your post: 1. Larry is a twit because he missed the point (which was....?). 2. You want to point out that you are tired of Larry's attitude 3. You want to point out that you are tired of Larry's control over (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general) !!

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) Interesting... I don't think this is the first time someone has quoted me under a mis-perception of my point. Perhaps I shouldn't be so polite in making my points, people seem to mistake my call for politeness and decency as a call for leaving (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Do you think there is a market for your MOCs on eBay? Please discuss...

In lugnet.admin.general, Duane Hess writes: <snip previous stuff> (...) <snip other previous stuff> Insert your favourite me too post here!!! Jude Too bad we cannot have a script added so Scott cannot reply to Larry. (22 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) I agree with you on almost all points made so far. I have been a LUGNET participant for several years now, and feel a difference in the community. I am ashamed at some of the instances of LUGNET "correction" that have happened in the past. I (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) Yes indeed. We all have a right and a responsibility to work to make LUGNET a better place. Lead, follow, or get out of the way. (...) Yes and here, I think, is a perfect example of this: (URL) line, the guidance is in with a lot of other info (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:3C4DDAD7.148E@m...ing.com... (...) there is (...) of (...) have (...) Whoops.... I wasn't addressing you there. I was addressing Scott. Is that how you took it? If so, my sincere apologies. (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) This sentiment is not friendly. It is arrogant and has a stink of martiality. It really bugs me, I'm sorry to say. I am unlikely to do any of the above. (...) There has been insufficient restraint so far in the cause of 'correction'. The (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Nothing to do with a market for your MOCs on eBay.

That message doesn't have anything to do with the market of MOC's on ebay...not even a little. And neither does this post--HA HA! I guess while I'm writing, I might as well say something a teensy bit meaningful, even if it doesn't have anything to (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) No misinterpretations, I was agreeing with your cite and following up. Sorry that my response was a little terse and may not have been as clear as it should be. Things are very lousy at work right now (in the next day or so I may have (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) It may be bluntly stated, but frankly, if you are not here to work with all the members and users of Lugnet to make Lugnet a better place, I think you are in the wrong place. Take a look at the Lugnet plan for some of Todd's and Suzanne's (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general) !!

  Re: Nothing to do with a market for your MOCs on eBay.

(...) I'm not sure a machine with minifigs has been tried before. It would be cool. It's been done with small sets, though. Brisbane, Australia Airport: (URL) Mark Harrison in the pics) Hey, au'ers... are those machines still there at the airport in (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.au)

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:3C4E2C1D.E72B2C...ing.com... (...) that (...) Ohh... thought you were getting after me :-) Doh! (...) No problem. (...) I wish you the best, hopefully its not the worst case scenario that's (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM)

Frank did an excellent job of addressing most of the points you raised in your post. There was one loose end though... In lugnet.admin.general, Kyle Beatty wrote much that Larry snipped: (...) I am assuming this example is what you refer to here in (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

I was going to reply to Kyle directly, but Frank, you gave me a better springboard. :-) "Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:3C4E370A.6D598D...ing.com... (...) LUGNET (...) of (...) Exactly, I agree. The sentiment 'lets make (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Nothing to do with a market for your MOCs on eBay.

(...) Yes, still there. The set of products changes over time. It was mostly full of Racers and Bionicles when I last looked. Of course, it's airport prices, so only worth paying if you need to pacify a screaming child. Kerry (22 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) That is your view. But I have also noticed that you have the ability to start arguments here. Do you disagree with that? (...) Read the message and its reply. Scott A (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) That is your view. But I have also noticed that you have the ability to |start arguments here. Do you disagree with that? It's a hunch, but I am pretty sure that you have been involved in more bickering than I have over the past couple of (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) An interesting description. I challenge you to look at all my posts over the last couple of months outside this group and look at the amount of “thorning” I have generated. Compare that to your own, and that of your vigilante mate’s. I know I (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) But does blunt arrogance make Lugnet a better place? (...) No one is saying that. Where Larry was wrong was to ask for respect, when he was failing to do so for others – respect is a two way street. It was 1st rate hypocrisy. Nothing less. It (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) So you think it’s OK to be blatantly hypocritical? You think it is OK for him to exhibit double standards? Are those community values we should all demonstrate? Scott A (22 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Do you think there is a market for your MOCs on eBay? Please discuss...

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) No. But I have to give credit at least for an effort. I give more credence and respect to those who contribute but I view an effort as noteworthy none-the-less. (...) I didn't see anything disrespectful in the way that Larry made his (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) if that makes you sick, then you really, truly have a very low tolerance level...and I am not trying to be funny. (...) GOB is a trademark of their perspective properties, however, I do think they (Lar and all) do go a bit too much to try and (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

"Benjamin Medinets" <bmedinets@excite.com> wrote in message news:GqF2E7.CGx@lugnet.com... (...) I have a low tolerance level for Scott's posts, given that he tends to repeat the same drivel over and over again. (...) snipe (...) I (...) the (...) in (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) Now *you* are missing the point. (...) I would say it is both. Scott A (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) rrr...rrring! Wake-up. Smell the coffee. That has not been my stance for some time now. ;) (...) Exactly! Respect is a two way street. If users have no respect for the policeman (as you suggest with LP) how can they have respect for his/her (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) What I think is hilarious (in a sad way) is that (I'm apparently such a lightning rod that?) any conversation that I participate seems to get branded, by people that ought to know better, as my thread. I didn't start that particular thread. I (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) well the thread is over, but I don't think Allan will be here to rehash it in his way...he's decided to stick to his "reviews". (...) What kind of Bull is that Lar??? I didn't label it "LAr's thread". I only merely used that as an example of (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) Aw, Lar! It's because everyone loves and respects you so very much and looks up to you as THE mentor around here. Did I mention that I have some beautiful oceanfront property in Montana that I'd love to sell you? ;) Seriously, you keep putting (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) Against better judgement, I am adding another comment to this string. Larry, you made a 'friendly reminder' for mis-using your trademarked name (by assertion), yet, here is someone that mis-used your trademarked name twice! But, because he is (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) I tried to find a good place farther down the thread to tack this on, but I couldn't; it's wandered too far from the point here. Tim's point (and Larry's point, and Frank's point, and Dan's point, and several other people's point) is that (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) That assumes you know my motive or decision process for deciding when, and whom, to remind. Which you do not. (...) No, actually it bolsters MY point which is that not every instance needs to be reminded and that some allowance for error and (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) Hi Scott, Please refrain from quoting the entire post to reply to a single paragraph. If people want more context, they can always read the previous posts. Thanks ROSCO (22 years ago, 24-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Do you think there is a market for your MOCs on eBay? Please discuss...

(...) So, Scott, why do you point this stuff out ??? (Please DO NOT answer) Often there is no real purpose in such replies. I cannot know why you feel you need to respond to bad posts by others and to continue rants and mud slinging--and I don't (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) ...and that bolsters MY point. Unless you are willing honour every single trademark you mention here, you are in absolutely no position to chastise others for not doing so. Doing so would be sheer hypocrisy. Do you fail to see that? Further, (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) Scott (et al.), First, see this post, in response to a very polite and non-confrontational questioning of Larry, and the other GoB members, about the whats, whys and wherefors of establishing , asserting and maintaining a trademark: (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.theory)

  The Care and Feedng of Your Trademark (Was: Community Policing...)

My deepest apologies for this long re-post, but I had meant to change the name of this thread, as the current name was completely off-topic, but I posted just the same. Please make replies to this current subject to this version of the post. Thank (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Non ISO charaters (was Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market))

(...) I've been addressing this issue before, but I think it is about time to pick it up again. Matthew, I'm using your article as an example, no offence! I frequently see the use of characters which are not in the ISO 8859-1 character set on (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Do you think there is a market for your MOCs on eBay? Please discuss...

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 06:30:36 GMT, "Kevin Salm" <kdsalm@crosswinds.net> wrote: <snippage-before and after> (...) Kevin, you appear to be using the web interface so I cannot really say if it's possible to what I do (I use a newsreader for lugnet). (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Non ISO charaters (was Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there i

(...) Hee-hee...no offense taken! I understand, 'cuz here's what your mail link looks like on my Macintosh: Fredrik =?iso-8859-1?q?Gl=F6ckner?= <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> (...) I'm web interface, and of course, it looks just fine to me posting or (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Non ISO charaters (was Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there i

(...) This is an RFC2047 encoded header, which is the preferred way to transfer 8-bit characters in header fields. RFC2047 dates to 1996, and should be implemented in most user agents. It has not been implemented in the LUGNET web interface? It is (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: The Care and Feeding of Your Trademark (Was: Community Policing...)

(...) Matt, Thanks for doing that. I was pretty astonished that, as a newbie, I could actually post a topic that not only spawned 83 posts but also started a minor war on LUGNET! Flattered as I was by that, I thank you for being mindful of the (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

In lugnet.admin.general, Duane Hess writes: <Snip> (...) Wow, that cleaned up pretty good! Let's cut to the end of the tape... Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) is not a good thing. I'll tell you why: First thing-no names please--whatever (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

Hmm, I was trying to get myself out of this discussion... I for the most part would like to see the same picture David espouses. The problem that I see is that when people make these little "nudges", the "offender" takes offense and yells "why are (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

David Koudys wrote in message ... (...) of (...) all (...) Disclaimer: I am not in any way an admin, just a concerned community member. Anyone who posts on LUGNET agreed to the TOS when they signed up. From the TOS ((URL) not) Post or transmit any (...) (22 years ago, 25-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

"David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message news:GqIEps.3H6@lugnet.com... (...) over. If that's what you think of the people (including myself) who are doing the policing, you don't know us well enough. I certainly don't scour LUGNET (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) Me either. As I said in my first email to David (perhaps using a not very good analogy didn't make that point very clear, admittedly). (...) Me too, me either. (...) I did but it didn't address that point. I may have been unclear but as I said (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) I can't think of a single currently active participant who remotely seems to go out of his or her way to police newsgroups. And the only person I can think of at all who may have had the appearance of policing was just trying to be helpful. (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) I understand that each subcommunity is different. I'm not for strict adherence to the exact same set-in-stone standards for every obscure group on LUGNET. At the same time, each group should be mature and good-natured enough to practice (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: The Care and Feedng of Your Trademark (Was: Community Policing...)

(...) Perhaps you need to think about your tone, this almost sounds like a threat? I really think you are confusing the message with the messenger. Go back and read Brian's post. Consider it fully. Was he wrong? Was I wrong to support him? Scott A (22 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) If I called up someone on the phone and said, "Hey friend, I think that was a little over-the-top" I don't think you would know. If we, at one of our monthly meetings brought up the faux pas that was posted in the newsgroup--again, I don't (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: The Care and Feedng of Your Trademark (Was: Community Policing...)

(...) If you're referring to: (URL) I think you are, all you are doing here is trying to publicly further your personal vendetta against Larry. Matt is totally right. And it is about the messenger, YOU have beaten this issue to a pulp. Take your (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Community Policing is a Good Thing(TM) (Was: Re: Do you think there is a market)

(...) You are correct. Analogous to another relatively recent admin.general discussion, if you don't reply publicly to the effect, no one knows you did what you did, and we are left to assume that the issue is left unchecked. If you want to admonish (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Community Involvement And Personal Issues (Was: The Care and Feeding...)

(...) Creative snipping to make a false point Scott? Bad form, old boy. Let's go ahead and restore the part where I explain what you are intentionally misconstruing as a threat, so it's true meaning is once again made clear: (...) So let's recap, (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.people)

  Re: The Care and Feedng of Your Trademark (Was: Community Policing...)

(...) This is what I don't get. Larry offends people. Larry acts childishly. Larry engages in name-calling. But when I point all this out, I get the flack. (...) I shall ask again: was Brian wrong? It's a simple question. (...) I'm glad we agree on (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Community Involvement And Personal Issues (Was: The Care and Feeding...)

Forgive me Matthew if I have misunderstood your tone - I apologise for that. I would just like to clarify one very small point: (...) You are talking about this message of mine: (URL) up thread, and you will see that: 1) Larry had already made a (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.people)

  Re: The Care and Feedng of Your Trademark (Was: Community Policing...)

I haven't followed this dabate for a long time nor do I care to at this point. However please keep it out of the market forum; it doesnt belong here. -Rich (22 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: The Care and Feedng of Your Trademark (Was: Community Policing...)

XFUT'ed to .off-topic.debate and .people at Rich Mazno's request. Only keeping it in market for this one post, for continuity so people using newsreaders know my reply is moving. :-) (...) Is my assessment of the above post correct or incorrect? It (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Vendettas (was Re: The Care and Feedng of Your Trademark (Was: Community Policing...)

(...) I'd argue that this is an admin issue if it belongs anywhere on LUGNET(tm) at all. (which I doubt, at this point, that it does) It's a stretch to see how this fits the lugnet.people charter: lugnet.people– All about LEGO® people (enthusiasts, (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Vendettas (was Re: The Care and Feedng of Your Trademark (Was: Community Policing...)

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:GqpspD.Kq4@lugnet.com... (...) My bad... I followed Matt's lead yesterday though. ;-) I'll fut all of my replies away from .people and to .debate. -Tim (22 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Vendettas (was Re: The Care and Feedng of Your Trademark (Was: Community Policing...)

(...) I think mine fit in .people...whatever... Matt (22 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: The Care and Feedng of Your Trademark (Was: Community Policing...)

(...) Why keep reducing this to personalities? This is about issues - not personalities. Stick to the issues. Forget your relationship with Larry for now. I shall ask again: This is what I don't get. Larry offends people. Larry acts childishly. (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Care and Feedng of Your Trademark (Was: Community Policing...)

[OK...I'm going to keep my cool here, and not attack Scott, despite my sensabilities crying out for lots of sarcasm, exclamation points and capital letters. I'm just going to point out a couple of facts and leave it at that. I suggest that anyone (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Posting Dates (Was: The Care and Feedng of Your Trademark (Was: Community Policing...))

(...) It looks like you both did. Scott's message is dated 1-Feb, a couple of days following the previous message, although it showed up some 8 hours ago. If I look at the dates, you're the one holding the shovel. I thought this NNTP date (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Posting Dates (Was: The Care and Feedng of Your Trademark (Was: Community Policing...))

(...) Indeed! My most abject apologies Scott. Had I caught that error in the posting scheme, I would never have responded as I did! Again, my apologies! Thank you Rob, for catching that mistake. Admins: What is the deal with this? Is it a function (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Posting Dates

(...) I don't see it as broken. The date of a message is the date it was composed. The date it was posted is unimportant, imo. :) Dan (22 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Posting Dates

(...) That would only be true if the message somehow just showed up where it belonged in line. If it posts as a new message 28 days later, it is highly confusing. This instance has proven that. Besides, it is a disservice to the users to have their (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Posting Dates

(...) Oops...ought to clarify for readers that this is a web interface problem. Obviously those having the messages delivered via newsgroup or e-mail would not see this as a new message...it would just show up by date where it belongs in their (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Posting Dates

(...) so you think if it inserted itself with all the read messages, it'd be less confusing? I know I'd never see it, now will anyone who reads through the web interface... (...) naw - it's not the server's fault that whoever it is sat on the (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Posting Dates

(...) I like this suggestion. If the message isn't dispositioned within 5 days (I like 3 better) send the entire text of the message back to the sender via e-mail and remove it from the server. The message could easily be reposted via newsreader if (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Posting Dates

(...) nod, interesting... or send a reminder, saying "if you don't authorize this post in the next 2 days, it will be deleted"... (...) it can, but should it? I think the date the message was written is the date that should appear on it. the (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Posting Dates

(...) Maybe that's the penalty you mention below? Someone who doesn't authorize a message right away runs the risk of having their message being not read as it gets inserted in it's proper place in line-perhaps after a week or so? Is that even (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Posting Dates (Was: The Care and Feedng of Your Trademark (Was: Community Policing...))

(...) Hmm, I thought it was a function of when one gets around to approving or cancelling messages via the mail interface, *as well as* when that mail gets delivered. Scott has in the past related that he often waits a while (up to several days??) (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Posting Dates

(...) I view the dates differently. In the authentication scenario, the authorize date is the date when the poster made a conscious decision to share their message with the community, the message's birthday. The date they wrote and submitted the (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Posting Dates

(...) ?? Wouldn't it show up in their mail on the day it actually got posted rather than the day it was sent, queued up and was intended to be posted? A mail interface person who didn't closely check the date on the mail, or a newsreader person (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Posting Dates

(...) I'd much rather have unauthorized posts expire after a week or so, perhaps with a reminder a couple of days before they do. That's the way I'm leaning twards right now - not saying that it'll be implemented anytime soon, of course :) Dan (22 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Posting Dates

(...) It would help if the server could "nag" people if their auth response was never received. An e-mail reminder could help in case the original auth request was deleted or never delivered. I've always wondered ever since the auth system was put (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Posting Dates

(...) There's actually two problems which cause funny dated/timed messages. The one Lugnet has had from day 1 is that the poster's clock is incorrectly set. This usually results in messages having time stamps which are off by several hours, but if (...) (22 years ago, 1-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Posting Dates

(...) It is posted when it is composed, or at least I press the "post" button. ;) Perhaps "post" can be changed to "submit" and "authorise" changed to "post"? Scott A =+= Have you inspected Arthur’s Seat yet? (URL) reasonable man adapts himself to (...) (22 years ago, 1-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Posting Dates (Was: The Care and Feedng of Your Trademark (Was: Community Policing...))

(...) I often approve a message via e-mail and it does not appear. I've heard others say the same happens to them. I have no idea if this is what happened here. I noticed my reply had not appeared when I quoted Tim's words yesterday morning in the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Posting Dates (Was: The Care and Feedng of Your Trademark (Was: Community Policing...))

(...) Don't worry about it. Scott A =+= Have you inspected Arthur’s Seat yet? (URL) reasonable man adapts himself to suit his environment. An unreasonable man persists in attempting to adapt his environment to suit himself. Therefore, all progress (...) (22 years ago, 1-Mar-02, to lugnet.admin.nntp)