  *68630 (-100)
  Re: Fair Lego Seller's site?

(...) Is this new? I thought we all checked into this a few months ago and agreed that (for instance) links to my auctions at JABA or to BRICKS or whatever were ok, as long as it wasn't the same item? Not that I anticipate listing anything on eBay (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.general)

  Re: Here is an insane price in an auction

(...) If that's the case, then you're also paying for the seller's efforts in listing the item. :) Bryan (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Here is an insane price in an auction

(...) Definitely. There's a real difference between some of the high prices on eBay that are caused primarily by sellers taking advantage of buyers' ignorance and those that result from two or more possibly ignorant or just possibly overzealous (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: legOS-0.2.1

Cool! If no one else does, I'll try to get it working on Windows next week, along with the rest of the HOWTO push. Don't hold your breath, though :) -Luis (...) ###...### Profanity is the one language that all programmers understand. -Anonymous (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: I wonder where he got the scans from?

(...) You see a lot that has some stuff you want, but maybe you don't want all of it, so you contact the winning bidder (either before or after) to see if he wants to split up the lot with you. If he responds, you're all set. If he doesn't, outbid (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Sales Proposal - Please Read

Not to mention that the Darth Maul torso (and several of the other SW torsos, including some of the Lukes) are very handy outside of the SW universe. I could use a couple dozen Mauls if they were cheap enough - erase the face to get a blank black (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: I wonder where he got the scans from?

(...) What's a split with a buyer? Wow, that's a nice gesture. Out of four or five times I contacted ebay bidders with some info about S@H, etc., I only got one reply. All the others ignored me. /Eric McC/ (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  What's the right group to ask tool usage questions?

I have a question about using MLCad that I would like to ask... which group is the one? Thanks! ++Lar (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Lego Airplane #1775 Arrives!

This seems a neat idea. I think if the site did not directly offer to sell anything, eBay would be hard pressed to claim that a link to it from a listing was to a "competing auction site". However it may fall afoul of the disparaging other sellers (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Here is an insane price in an auction

I think this is Tom Stangl's lot. I say bully for him! He started it at a very fair starting bid and all is on the up and up. (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: LEGO globe

All I can say about this one is "Wow!" John Matthews Eric Harshbarger <eric@ericharshbarger.org> wrote in message news:381A349B.775006...ger.org... (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  LEGO store in Georgia (review)

Well we checked out the new LEGO store at the North Georgia Outlet Mall (Dawsonville) . It is a pretty cool place for the kids. Lots of nice LEGO statues, a big train, dinasaur, etc. Some real nice LEGO & Duplo play areas, my son loved that, even (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Lego User Group in Tokyo ?

Hello, I am looking for an AFOL (Adult Fan Of Lego ?) group in the Tokyo area... Is there anything like it ? $BEl5~$K$O%l%4$N(Busers's group$B$,M-$j$^$9$+!)(B $B;d$O%U%i%s%9?M!"#...s$G$k!#(B Gilles (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.jp)

  Re: I wonder where he got the scans from?

(...) Agreed. You are doing a great service to all of us by finding and securing those scans, I'm sure I speak for many of us when I offer my profuse thanks! And further, the vast majority of sellers (excepting those who are flogging 1775 for 49.95) (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: RELEASE: LegoSim -- another LegOS Simulator

Nice picture :-) I added this to the legOS tools page. Are you going to do 0.2.1? Markus. (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Mike's Train and Launch Command Auction Update 11

Note: I will be unable to check my email Saturday, so there will be no advancing that day. 1. This is a Once, Twice, Sold auction. 2. To bid send email to mdarnett@nycap.rr.com. I will try to post updates daily. 3. Minimum raises: 0-$50 by $1, (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  How to McDonald's Sets Cheaper!

I've gone to 2 McD's tonight looking to see if any of them have more than the 1st set, and no luck.. all we've got here is number 1 so far. Though I asked what the price was to get just the set... and was told 1.69 which I just laughed at and (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  legOS-0.2.1

Hello, legOS 0.2.1 is out. No, I'm not working full time on legOS - this is just a day's work. Apart from minor bug fixes, a new file format for user programs is introduced, along with the tools to support it. The dynamic loader is a standalone C (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Curved Bridge Prototype Built

I finally built my own curved bridge, mostly Technic but it uses some Basic too. I still need to wook out some probs but I'll fill you in on what parts have helped me out the most. If you have the 8480 (or 8456 or 8425, that all I see in my (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Junk Box #1 Thread

That's why we call it the junk box! Glad you found some good stuff though!! and thanks for letting me know where it is. I'll be doing another update to the page later tonight or tomorrow, I've done most of the changes already, just haven't gotten (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: 1.0 to 1.5 upgrade

(...) Maybe they want to get rid of the 1.0 sets, and to encourage that, they are not selling the 1.5 sets just yet. Instead, they will sell you a 1.0 set with a free upgrade. Now if they do that, why can't I get an upgrade for free? -Kekoa (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Scans of Constructopedia 1.0 English

(...) If you look closely at the parts list in 1.0 vs 1.5, you will notice that the composition of pieces has changed in many ways. 1.0 has 26 2x4 bricks, and a couple 2x6 and 2x8 bricks for example. 1.5 has only 5 2x4 bricks, and no 2x6 or 2x8 (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Here is an insane price in an auction

Out of curiousity I checked on the current high bidder, and if you think that is bad check out an auction he previously won. I wish I had that kind of money to blow on Legos! (URL) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Roboforce available thru UK club

Many of you have the Christmas Bricks 'n' Pieces magazine, but no-one seems to have mentioned this. On the back cover amongst the Christmas Club Shop items, you'll see: Item 136 Robo Raptor @ £19.99 (AKA #2153 Robo Stalker) Item 135 Robo Blockbuster (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Bluewater - free LLW tickets

If you spend over £25 (1) at the LEGO Shop, Bluewater (LSB) and you have a LEGO World Club discount flyer, you will be given a free entry ticket for LLW valid for the 1999 season, which runs to 3 January 2000. But... ...we have FOUR club memberships (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: DK books

These two books are currently in stock at the LEGO Shop, Bluewater at £3.99 each, but as you know, there's a massive 5% discount until Sunday if you present one of those club flyers ;-) Jon. Huw Millington <hmillington@cix.co.uk> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.books)

  Re: Starting IC with wizard

I am not familiar with the "wizard" option. Please elaborate -p -- A healthy mind is an oxymoron! (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: bug in semaphore code (was Re: Announce: NQCIPC update

(...) Robert, Cool stuff. I just added it here: (URL) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NZ spares stock buyout? (was Some disturbing news

(...) The Service Packs that were not sold after being offered to retailers at 50% off are now on their way to Australia along with the remaining parts from the Spares Department. Grahame Reid (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Here is an insane price in an auction

(URL) Since reading through the latest at Lugnet, I have seen a lot of posts regarding crazy high prices on eBay. Well, I think this one takes the cake. Worse than 2150 for $200+, even. If you are too lazy to look, its a 5571 at $255, not yet (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Fair Lego Seller's site?

Reason #17 that I recieved from ended@ebay.com for cancelling an auction: 17. LINKS TO OTHER AUCTION SERVICES: eBay does not allow the listing of auctions which include links (static or live) to other online auction services. So calling it (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.general)

  Micromotor (was Re: Don't buy spares from TLG UK!)

(...) I don't have any micromotors, so at Mindfest, I had to use some. I was disappointed that I had to test each one I used because about half of the micromotors in the bin didn't work :( --Bram Bram Lambrecht / o o \ BramL@juno.com (...) (25 years ago, 30-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  LEGO globe

For those interested, here's proof that these days my whole world consists of LEGO bricks: LEGO-Earth (URL) Harshbarger / eric@ericharshbarger.org / www.ericharshbarger.org "Oh please, if people are going to start telling the truth around here... (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: LegOS newbie wants more info.

Thanks Sergey. I was aware of Luis' fine HOWTO. I was actually trolling to see if Luis would offer a preview of the 0.2.0 version ;) I have never heard of doxygen but will grab a copy and see what that gives for documentation. Kevin (...) decided (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  bug in semaphore code (was Re: Announce: NQCIPC update

Your semaphore acquire algorithm isn't too good. Here is your code: #define sem_acquire(s) until (s == 0); s = 1; If two tasks are waiting for the semaphore at the same time, it is quite likely that both will get it: // (s is currently nonzero) task (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Scans of Constructopedia 1.0 English

Jesper: Thanks for posting the scans of the Constructopedia 1.5 last week. The comparison was fascinating, especially finding out what the "new" pieces were in the set. Some debate remains in my mind--has Lego made the RIS set slightly less valuable (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Fair Lego Seller's site?

That sounds like an even better idea. OK - so to refine what John is suggesting.... How about something like this? A group gets set up - Fair Lego Sellers would be a good name, though I don't know if TLG would object to the use of 'Lego' in the (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.general)

  (canceled)

  Re: Lego Airplane #1775 Arrives!

Simon, Thats a good idea. I also think some of the sellers who complain about these others selling ridiculously priced Lego should form some type of group (with a recognizable logo) to increase awareness. Something like the eBay Power Sellers (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Questions regarding a conceptual cargo elevator.

Steve, Check out: (URL) appears to be similar to what you're looking for. It uses a gear rack assembly to push 1x16 beams in a scissor arrangement. as evah, John C. (...) [SNIP] (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Classic Tub on sale at Zellers

In the Zellers flyer this week is an 800-piece "Classic Tub", which from the tiny picture looks like one of those rubbermaid-style rectangular plastic boxes, with a bubble pack stuck on top with some pieces in it, and what looks like a "canyon" (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Quickie Auction coming soon!

Thanks, even though I link to you on my web page, and had seriously considered bricks when it first started, I didn't think about it today. I will consider that. Its still easier for me to write out a long post with all the descriptions and (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Don't buy spares from TLG UK!

(...) <stuff deleted> Hello Simon; Did you try rotating the motor shaft by hand with power applied. Sometimes the micromotors will get stalled and be unable to unstall themselves. On the other hand, if the motor is defective, the LEGO Group should (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Airplane #1775 Arrives!

(...) Would there be any problems with someone creating a web site - calling it something like say - www.auctioninfo.com, and using it to display all the information we gather about instances of this sort of thing - including identifying the sellers (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: New Engine Pics

(...) I really like the 4-4-0. The engine a very well proportioned and pleasing to look at (how well does it run?) Have you thought of adding another truck to the tender? The pictures I have of 4-4-0's the tender has #2 four wheel trucks. This (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Quickie Auction coming soon!

(...) Uh.... if you don't want to pay fees, why not list them on BRICKS? You can run the auction for as short or as long a time as you want. You can run it for one day (actually less - .5, etc) if you want very easily. The only thing is, if they (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: More scale questions (Was: Scale of Lego)

(...) Okay, but what does the number 18.83 mean? Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: lego Technic "class"

In lugnet.robotics, Stephen Unwin writes: <...snip...> (...) I've never seen this, but I recall hearing somebody discuss this recently. It might be a quality control problem having to do with adhesive getting worn off and gumming up the gears. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Bulk Sales Proposal - Please Read

(...) Hrmmm, maybe you aren't as cheap as me. 7151 is $29.99 retail, right? So Target, Kohl's, K-Mart, whatever running them at 20% off comes out to $23.99. Even with TN's ridiculous 8.25% sales tax that's just $25.97 each. x30 = $779.10 KBKids.com (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: More scale questions (Was: Scale of Lego)

On Fri, 29 Oct 1999, Sproaticus (<3819F03B.440F8745@io.com>) wrote at 19:06:35 (...) 18.83 is the 4mm/ft exact equivalent of 4 feet 8 1/2 inches: Standard Gauge :-) (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: SW Part Straight Sale - WAS: (Bulk Sales Proposal - Please Read)

(...) Hrmmm, rather than try to sell most things at the same price, I'd say do a little research (which it looks like people may be giving you later on) and price each individual part at or near current market value. That's usually what I try to do (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Bulk Sales Proposal - Please Read

(...) Oh, ok. Small quantities then. Heck, I was imagining being able to pick up a couple thousand gray macaroni bricks. :) Ah well, I'd probably still be interested, but anymore these days I've got so little time that it almost hurts to spend time (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: We need to get together!

(...) I'm game. I bet John, Marcia & Naji, and Adam would be as well. There might even be more people I'm not thinking of right now. We could be K-LUG? (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.tn.knx)

  Re: Different fonts in webpages

Thanks John and Matthew, I made Verdana the back up font on some of my pages, I will have to finish the rest sometime. Verdana does look pretty good, and its shipped on Mac and Win now. I will look into making the font downloadable... sometime. -- (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.publish)

  Don't buy spares from TLG UK!

*growl* I just built my 6979 Interstellar Starfighter (the big UFO set) and discovered the little red micro-motor wasn't working. I guessed it must have just got accidently bashed about in the box or something (though I'm a bit surprised - doesn't (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Get together

I'd be glad to meet, but I am at the other side of the state (Saint Louis) and don't think I'll be able to make it over to Kansas during that hectic time. -- Have fun! John My Trade/Sale (and links) Page (URL) weird Lego site: (URL) wrote in (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mo)

  Quickie Auction coming soon!

I am going to try this idea soon. I am going to auction off several Lego sets over the course of one day. In addition to my forthcoming eBay auctions, I am going to have a quick auction to get rid of some excess stuff. Reasons, I don't have time (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.auction)

  Get together

I will be in Kansas City for Thanks Giving week anyone want to meet? SteveB steve.e.barile@intel.com www.PNLTC.org (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mo)

  Millenium Falcon confirmation

As if we needed more confirmation on the Millenium Falcon, I was at the grand opening of the new Lego outlet in GA and heard the following: Customer to TLG (business suit/manager looking) rep: Can you help me decide on a SW set for my son? TLG: (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Meet in Kansas City

Is anyone from Kansas City or will be there over Thanks Giving week? I was wondering if anyone want to meet. OR advice on toy stores in the area. SteveB (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Feedback solicitation

I read in the eBay rules once that positive feedback can be given to anyone for any reason, but negative feedback must be transaction related. I think there was an example for a positive feedback that said, "So and so turned me onto eBay, forever (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: HOSER problem

Fredrik Glöckner <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> wrote in message news:m3zox33m1d.fsf@....uio.no... (...) yourself. (...) the (...) the (...) The user supplied end and control points are used, regardless of the resulting hose length. The intermediate (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Is this mad? - 1986 Lego 6067 GUARDED INN - Town Wall TAVERN $200+ ?

Sorry, this post was a little off topic, I didn't realize which group it was goin to. -- Have fun! John My Trade/Sale (and links) Page (URL) weird Lego site: (URL) DiRienzo wrote in message ... (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Dutch Auction Experiences

John Robert Blaze Kanehl wrote in message ... (...) Additionally, (...) to (...) hits, (...) Supercar (...) overseas (...) it (...) picture (...) I did a few things that I think helped my auctions. I ran quite a few "series" of auctions, and tried (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Monthly check for MO fans

(...) I think Rolla is closer to metro STL than to springfield. I lived in Webster Groves during high school and went to Rolla for university and it was a bit over an hour to drive. Chris (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mo)

  WTB 8 Tech. #2 Angle Connectors

This is the straight connector with a peg hole in the center and axle holes at both ends. Does someone have 8 to sell, or could you point me to a set with a bunch? -John Van (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: more on McDonalds promo sets

(...) There are several pieces of interest (besides the fact that they are basically free as I have to eat something for lunch). I have not seen any comment on the yellow propeller in set #3, is this new? Set #5 with the purple slopes is nice in (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

  Re: Babylon 5 ships

Paul Baulch <paul@vic.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:FK5n37.FvB@lugnet.com... (...) Except when they are used for cockpits! Just imagine how many times kids (young and old) around the world have ripped their x-wings to pieces just trying to (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: lego Technic "class"

(...) *snip* As a somewhat Bizzare experiment, I have run a LEGO motor from the battery box controller as supplied with motor set 8735. The motor is placed next to a Pick-up on an electric guitar plugged into an electronic tuner. With the motor (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Is this mad? - 1986 Lego 6067 GUARDED INN - Town Wall TAVERN $200+ ?

I really like the Guarded Inn, too! Its one of the Holy Grails for Castle fans. Its rarer than most sets because it wasn't sold in US stores. And its popular because it has a bunch of rare pieces. Also, you can't be complete in Castle without it, (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: McDonald's Happy Meals Sets -- modified parts

(...) Not really. The LEGO logo doesn't imply intellectual property rights on the whole brick (which would include the likeness of the McCopyrighted character). It could just be an odd occurrence -- the copyright notice in the mold was damaged, so (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: 7144 Slave 1 (pre-release guess)

Jeff Stembel <Dragonelf1@aol.com> wrote in message news:FKDqMq.D11@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) with (...) that (...) on (...) 1x3s. (...) and (...) here (...) Well, at 50% in LDLite they sure _look_ gray (simply b/c only edgelines are showing :-) (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets)

  Re: McDonald's Happy Meals Sets -- modified parts

(...) Nope. I've never seen smooth slopes before, printed or otherwise. I've got several examples of printed slopes right next to my computer, and they all have rough slope surfaces. These parts include 2x2, 3x2, 2x4, and a 4x4 triple-sloped wedge (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: I wonder where he got the scans from?

(...) Exactly. This is what I meant. (...) Kevin's site is superb. I've downloaded almost all of the town/train/boats and every catalog and I have yet to find one that I wouldn't keep because of its quality. (...) Let me reiterate here how useful (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Using ROBOLAB with FIRST LEGO League

i'm posting this again. it was already posted to lugnet.robotics If your kids are using ROBOLAB in this years FIRST LEGO League, I've written a replacement for pages 27-36 in the Official FIRST LEGO League 1999 Rule Book, replacing ROBOLAB for RCX (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.edu)

  Re: Call for Box Status - Junk Box 2

(...) It looks like this box is out of hiding now. I just communicated with John DiRienzo and he will be sending it to me shortly, I'll let y'all know when I get it. (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: more on McDonalds promo sets

(...) The same instruction/promo sheet has both the US and the CA coupons on it. Also interesting (at least to me) is that the back of the bag says 'Made in DENMARK', no mention of USA OR Switzerland. So much for high shipping costs across the (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

  Re: DK books

I should have posted earlier, sorry. Waterstones in Bath had them in when I checked on Monday. They cost me a whopping £3.99 each, which is the price shown on the back of the book anyway. I think they're great. My daughter has already seen the (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.books)

  Re: "Buying Lego" FAQ to link auctions to

I just noticed this huge thread, and only reading the first line by Kevin, I want to say, "Look at my trade page!" I have linked to just about every site I could think of that is a good site to find Legos. Look at it (see sig), LMK what you think. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.faq)

  Re: McDonald's Happy Meals Sets -- modified parts

A common practice in plastic mold tooling is to use inserts for variable mold features such as part numbering. The LEGO text on the studs is probably hard tooled. The part number and copyright marks on the inside may well be removable (changeable) (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: Lego Airplane #1775 Arrives!

(...) And two auctions just popped up on eBay with starting bid of $49.95! Gack... we need to figure out how to effectively combat this eBay ridiculousness. I'm tempted to start suggesting to the eBay sellers I regularly buy from start migrating to (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.market.theory)

  RE: Robot navigation

I have been working on this too, and I decided that I am going to live with a certain amount of uncertainty. If I can get to within a few inches of where I think I am, that's going to be good enough. Until it isn't anymore, and then back to the (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 25% Shopko coupon in Sunday paper

I guess he meant "chain-wide" as that store isn't in my state or any adjacent states AFAIK. -- Have fun! John My Trade/Sale (and links) Page (URL) weird Lego site: (URL) Gatrelle wrote in message <000101bf1464$5c3f4a...j4j639>... (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this.

(...) The pics are FINALLY developed and I'm working on getting them scanned. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: more on McDonalds promo sets

(...) ??? I thought this was a US-only promo... Hmm, time to go scope out my local McD's. James (URL) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

  Re: more on McDonalds promo sets

Included is a $3.00 rebate on a $9.00 purchase. One rebate per address.Also a $5.00 CDN rebate coupon is included. Julie (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

  Re: more on McDonalds promo sets

(...) Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. They aren't Star Wars sets but at least they aren't juniorized and have some interesting parts. Their packaging bills them as "classic". I want the one with the purple slopes and will be getting more of (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

  Re: more on McDonalds promo sets

In lugnet.general, Eric Joslin writes: <snip> (...) I had a similar experience today. They only had the lame white trick or treat bucket. What kid is going to use that dinky little bucket to haul their treats in?Maybe a 2 or three year old. My 2 (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.promo)

  Re: More scale questions (Was: Scale of Lego)

(...) Oh, I forgot about 1:76 scale. Some of the newer HOish scale military models are 1:76. I'm starting to remember that 1:72 scale came about because it was a little difficult to make some of the model railroading equipment at 1:76 or 1:87 scale, (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

  Re: Star Wars Legos (aka The cure for the Dark Ages)

Travis Yanke <tyanke@apotexcorp.com> wrote in message news:FK83zC.I17@lugnet.com... (...) Can (...) Start with a search of the LUGNET newsgroups. If you are reading LUGNET via newsreader, you'll have to go to www.lugnet.com to get the search box at (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Trein set 4560

Hoi, Ik ben op het moment ook bezig om trein 4560 in Nederland te krijgen. Maar tot op heden heb ik als verwachte leverdatum 22-5-2000 van Lego doorgekregen. Ik zal het in deze nieuwsgroep melden als ik de bewuste trein beschikbaar heb. Groeten (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.nl)

  Re: I wonder where he got the scans from?

(...) TLG, by going to a central place, could if it wished, improve the quality of scans that are poor by, for example, supplying better ones, or supplying actual instructions for a volunteer to scan. Not that they would ever do that, of course, but (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: DK books

(...) I ordered these from Amazon.com as soon as I saw them listed but I just checked my order and they are still listed as "Not Yet Released by Publisher". As far as the price are you saying you can get them both for 5BP? Not bad since amazon.co.uk (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.books)

  Re: Junk Box #1 Thread

(...) go (...) I received the real junk box Wednesday. I've contacted Frank Filz. I'm shipping it tomorrow. By the way this box is a real junker, but I still found a few great pieces. Thanks, Bryce McGlone (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: lego Technic "class"

From: "Chris Phillips" <chris.phillips@comp...oards.com> (...) I've (...) the (...) I've (...) far. The adder/subtractor is an all mechincal design which handles this flaw. Take a look at (URL) I'm sure that others will chime in with their designs (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Lego Airplane #1775 Arrives!

I was lucky enough to find a box from S@H on my recliner when I came home today, and found this 1775 set inside it. I was tempted at first to order 4, so I could get another free McDonald's set, but I only ordered one. I hope I am not too late to (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.admin.database)

  RE: lego Technic "class"

Greetings, Well that makes more sense. I have never heard of this before. <<...>> -----Original Message----- From: Chris Phillips [SMTP:chris.phillips...oards.com] Sent: Friday, October 29, 1999 3:34 PM To: 'Steve Moffat' Cc: (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 7144 Slave 1 (pre-release guess)

(...) The pic from www.theouterrim.com has the ship in a landed position with the ramp down. For being so small, I got a number of details from it. (...) D'oh! I thought my back end looked odd. :) Thanks! (*sigh*) I must be losing my touch... I'll (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets)

  Re: McDonald's Happy Meals Sets -- modified parts

(...) Wouldn't they then also remove LEGO from the top of the studs? -- Scott Smallbeck scotts@contactics.com (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: First Lego 2000 Sighting

It seems to me, unless TLG is way behind for some reason, we should be seeing the first of the 2000 sets very soon in stores. Last year, I first saw new Ninjas (4805) around Halloween. Anyway, I just got a gift certificate for Target of all places, (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

Skipped 3 messages in groups lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.off-topic.fun (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact