 Technic / 194
Re: Questions regarding a conceptual cargo elevator.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 23:02:50 GMT

Steve,

Check out:

http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0956/0956-11.jpg

This appears to be similar to what you're looking for.  It uses a
gear rack assembly to push 1x16 beams in a scissor arrangement.

as evah,

John C.

In lugnet.technic, Stephen Link writes:
Hello, Im relatively new to technic, but I wanted to design a working cargo
elevator for one of my space projects. the idea is to use a 32 x 32 plate as
the elevator floor. Im not sure if im using the correct terminology for my
explanation to follow, so bear with me. The construct I had in mind for the
lifting force is a pinned crossbeam arrangement that scissors up when
compressed from the sides.
                           \  /
                            \/
                            /\