 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / LEGO Sets / 110
Re: 7144 Slave 1 (pre-release guess)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 21:05:23 GMT

Jeff Stembel <Dragonelf1@aol.com> wrote in message

In lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, John VanZwieten writes:
I'm pretty sure I've got the outer surfaces of this one accurately, but • I
didn't even hazard a guess as to the internals.  See the technic beam • with
what looks like a friction peg near where the door should be?  I'm
guessing that somehow allows the door to open and close, but I couldn't
figure out how.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Name: TLGSlv1i.dat

Gah!  Teaches me not to upload something!  I did this a couple days ago,
but forgot.  :)  Oh, well, I'll update it with some things you noticed • that
I didn't.  Be back soon!

Well, Here it is, complete with some internals and a ramp.  I am 95% sure • on
all colors and exterior pieces, except for the ramp and the Dark Gray • 1x3s.

Nice job on the internals.  How did you come up with the idea for the ramp?

The pic from www.theouterrim.com has the ship in a landed position with the
ramp down.  For being so small, I got a number of details from it.

A few nits:
The lower green slope beneath the ramp is definitely a 2x4 very low slope, • and
I suspect the one above it is as well.

D'oh!  I thought my back end looked odd.  :)  Thanks!
(*sigh*) I must be losing my touch...
I'll check to see how that affects the ramp.

The pins for the ramp sure look black to me, and friction pins would work • here
better than regular.

Um, I *did* use black friction pegs.  :)

Well, at 50% in LDLite they sure _look_ gray (simply b/c only edgelines are
showing :-)

I'm not sure your cockpit allows enough room for BF's jetpack.

Well, let's check...  Well, the minifig shortcut fits with room to spare. • :)

But I think BF's jetpack sticks out further on the side than standard
airtanks, so width of 3 studs is probably needed behind his back at the hip
level.

I don't see any crack in the light gray area right above the white technic
beam.

Checking the pic...  Yup, I used a little wishfull thinking there.  Should • be 8
studs long, not seven.

I know Slave 1 fans are disappointed by the size, but this is just a great
set.  The primary model is fantastic compared to other Lego ships, and it
would be hard to imagine a better set for parts.  Even includes two of • those
straight technic connectors, which at least in my collection are quite • rare.

-John Van

<straight technic connectors> - ???  Which are these?  The end connectors on
the wings?

D'oh!  Forget it.  At first I stuck the straight connectors (#2 I think) as I
was building, but really the #1s are used.  Darn!  I need those #2s.

Oh, and comparing the "fronts" (Top) of our models:
In mine I have two small triangles of gray that yours doesn't.  These can be
seen in pic from theouterrim.com.

Are you referring to the picture that's a combo of the skiff, awing, slave1,
and bwing?  That you could make out any information from such a bad picture is
incredible--but I think you're right about the gray behind the green 1x2
slope.

Ok, I've been staring at that picture a while now.  The brown tiles on the
trailing edge of the wing:  does it look to you like there's brown between the
two 1x2 bricks w/ pins?  I wonder if that isn't two 1x2 grille tiles and a 1x2
tile in between.

Also, your 6x6 quarter octagon plates should be black, not brown.  :)

Agreed.

I think I see a couple gray 1x2 grille tiles under the pilots legs.  How you
you think he's secured in there?

-John Van