 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / LEGO Sets / 114
Re: 7144 Slave 1 (pre-release guess)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 19:34:40 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, John VanZwieten writes:

Jeff Stembel <Dragonelf1@aol.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, John VanZwieten writes:

The pins for the ramp sure look black to me, and friction pins would work
here better than regular.

Um, I *did* use black friction pegs.  :)

Well, at 50% in LDLite they sure _look_ gray (simply b/c only edgelines are
showing :-)

Mmmm...High screen res good...  ;)

I'm not sure your cockpit allows enough room for BF's jetpack.

Well, let's check...  Well, the minifig shortcut fits with room to spare.
:)

But I think BF's jetpack sticks out further on the side than standard
airtanks, so width of 3 studs is probably needed behind his back at the hip
level.

Possibly, but it is hard to say.  It definitely has projections on both sides,
though.  It should be a simple matter to make him fit, I'll look at it when I
get a chance.

I know Slave 1 fans are disappointed by the size, but this is just a great
set.  The primary model is fantastic compared to other Lego ships, and it
would be hard to imagine a better set for parts.  Even includes two of
those straight technic connectors, which at least in my collection are
quite rare.

-John Van

<straight technic connectors> - ???  Which are these?  The end connectors on
the wings?

D'oh!  Forget it.  At first I stuck the straight connectors (#2 I think) as I
was building, but really the #1s are used.  Darn!  I need those #2s.

Ahh... Thought so.  Yeah, I wish I had more also.

Oh, and comparing the "fronts" (Top) of our models:
In mine I have two small triangles of gray that yours doesn't.  These can be
seen in pic from theouterrim.com.

Are you referring to the picture that's a combo of the skiff, awing, slave1,
and bwing?  That you could make out any information from such a bad picture is
incredible--but I think you're right about the gray behind the green 1x2
slope.

Yup.  I have an eye for detail, when I concentrate enough.  ;)

Ok, I've been staring at that picture a while now.  The brown tiles on the
trailing edge of the wing:  does it look to you like there's brown between the
two 1x2 bricks w/ pins?  I wonder if that isn't two 1x2 grille tiles and a 1x2
tile in between.

Looks to me like it is just a straight slash of brown, but it is hard to tell.
What makes you think they are grille tiles?

I think I see a couple gray 1x2 grille tiles under the pilots legs.  How you
you think he's secured in there?

-John Van

Dunno 'bout the grille tiles, but I'd guess he is secured using a 2x2/2x2
bracket, or something similar.

Jeff
Oxymoronic Statement of the Millenium: "Microsoft Works"