 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / LEGO Sets / 109
Re: 7144 Slave 1 (pre-release guess)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 19:40:02 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, John VanZwieten writes:

Jeff Stembel <Dragonelf1@aol.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, John VanZwieten writes:
I'm pretty sure I've got the outer surfaces of this one accurately, but I
didn't even hazard a guess as to the internals.  See the technic beam with
what looks like a friction peg near where the door should be?  I'm
guessing that somehow allows the door to open and close, but I couldn't
figure out how.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Name: TLGSlv1i.dat

Gah!  Teaches me not to upload something!  I did this a couple days ago,
but forgot.  :)  Oh, well, I'll update it with some things you noticed that
I didn't.  Be back soon!

Well, Here it is, complete with some internals and a ramp.  I am 95% sure on
all colors and exterior pieces, except for the ramp and the Dark Gray 1x3s.

Nice job on the internals.  How did you come up with the idea for the ramp?

The pic from www.theouterrim.com has the ship in a landed position with the
ramp down.  For being so small, I got a number of details from it.

A few nits:
The lower green slope beneath the ramp is definitely a 2x4 very low slope, and
I suspect the one above it is as well.

D'oh!  I thought my back end looked odd.  :)  Thanks!
(*sigh*) I must be losing my touch...
I'll check to see how that affects the ramp.

The pins for the ramp sure look black to me, and friction pins would work here
better than regular.

Um, I *did* use black friction pegs.  :)

I'm not sure your cockpit allows enough room for BF's jetpack.

Well, let's check...  Well, the minifig shortcut fits with room to spare.  :)

I don't see any crack in the light gray area right above the white technic
beam.

Checking the pic...  Yup, I used a little wishfull thinking there.  Should be 8
studs long, not seven.

I know Slave 1 fans are disappointed by the size, but this is just a great
set.  The primary model is fantastic compared to other Lego ships, and it
would be hard to imagine a better set for parts.  Even includes two of those
straight technic connectors, which at least in my collection are quite rare.

-John Van

<straight technic connectors> - ???  Which are these?  The end connectors on
the wings?
Oh, and comparing the "fronts" (Top) of our models:
In mine I have two small triangles of gray that yours doesn't.  These can be
seen in pic from theouterrim.com.
Also, your 6x6 quarter octagon plates should be black, not brown.  :)

Jeff
"'Tis a silly place."