 Marketplace / Theory / 475
474  |  476
Subject:
Quickie Auction coming soon!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 21:56:41 GMT

   I am going to try this idea soon.  I am going to auction off several Lego
sets over the course of one day.  In addition to my forthcoming eBay
auctions, I am going to have a quick auction to get rid of some excess
stuff.  Reasons, I don't have time for daily updates over the next
couple/few weeks and I don't want to use eBay for all the fees.  Probably
Monday, if I can figure out how to work it.  The main point is there will be
a whole bunch of low cost sets, with reasonable asking price (minimum bids
$3, $5, etc) and it will basically be a sealed bid auction, only lasting one
day.  I will post a few notices that Nov _ will be the auction day (this is
essentially the first one), get on an my email list or watch the newsgroups
that day.  That day comes, I will post and email the list.  I want to run it
for exactly 24 or 36 hours, and have updates (2 or 3).  Thats it.  Its a
chance for bargains (because of the short duration), and a chance to get
some things that don't go for sale very frequently.  I am going to ponder
this new idea, then do it, so any advice would be much appreciated.  Advice
to lugnet.market.theory, please.
   Things to consider...
   Should this have proxy bidding or firm bidding?
   Any use in doing updates?
   Would 3 day eBay auctions be better? (eBay - bigger market, but I have to
pay fees on many low cost sets)
   Anything else?

--
   Have fun!