 Marketplace / Theory / 478
Re: Quickie Auction coming soon!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 22:51:38 GMT

   Thanks, even though I link to you on my web page, and had seriously
considered bricks when it first started, I didn't think about it today.  I
will consider that.  Its still easier for me to write out a long post with
all the descriptions and everything in one page, than making individual
listings for each cheap set (not only is eBay costly, but its time
consuming, too).  With my tendency to spend a lot of time on things like
listings, I was trying to avoid making listings for these, but, rest assured
I will be using Bricks, soon enough!

--
   Have fun!
   John
Mike Stanley wrote in message ...
John DiRienzo <ig88888888@stlnet.com> wrote:
this new idea, then do it, so any advice would be much appreciated. • Advice
to lugnet.market.theory, please.
  Things to consider...
  Should this have proxy bidding or firm bidding?
  Any use in doing updates?
  Would 3 day eBay auctions be better? (eBay - bigger market, but I have • to
pay fees on many low cost sets)
  Anything else?

Uh.... if you don't want to pay fees, why not list them on BRICKS?
You can run the auction for as short or as long a time as you want.
You can run it for one day (actually less - .5, etc) if you want
very easily.

The only thing is, if they don't sell, they'll be automatically
relisted for 7 days, since that's a static value for now in the
script.  But I'd say if you run the auctions for a day or three and
they don't sell, you either need to adjust the price or let it run
longer anyway.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/