 Marketplace / Theory / 477
Re: Lego Airplane #1775 Arrives!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 22:48:04 GMT

http://www114.pair.com/ig88/1775.jpg
   I have cross-posted this to admin.database for the numbers you gave
below.

And two auctions just popped up on eBay with starting bid of $49.95!

Gack... we need to figure out how to effectively combat this eBay
ridiculousness. I'm tempted to start suggesting to the eBay sellers I
regularly buy from start migrating to Serious Collector (though SC would
have to open up to allow parts lots) or some other venue. If eBay isn't
going to allow us to effectively combat the misinformation, we need to
start taking our buisiness elsewhere.

Would there be any problems with someone creating a web site - calling it
something like say -  www.auctioninfo.com, and using it to display all the
information
we gather about instances of this sort of thing - including identifying the
sellers etc.?
Is there anything Ebay could do to stop such a website, provided all the
information was completely
accurate and factual?

Simon
http://www.SimonRobinson.com