 Marketplace / Theory / 495
Re: Fair Lego Seller's site?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 03:31:28 GMT

I like the "Fair Lego Sellers" idea, and the idea of an information
site.

I think that listing individual *people* as "Bad sellers" on such a site
is asking for trouble, whether from eBay or from the individuals listed.
Even if they couldn't sue for libel you can bet they'd start dogging teh
auctions of Fair Lego Sellers (as is happening to Larry's auctions now)
and getting them closed down for any or no reason.

Better would be to list the crrent items being scammed, eg MacDonalds
set, new promo airplane, etc. Notonly would that not target individuals,
but it would arm buyers with the information to deal with *any* seller
trying to scam the with that set.

Actually, before discussing site contents, (or as well as) we should
discuss what conditions would be placed on Fair Lego Sellers members, ie
what constitutes fair? And what happens if a Fair Lego Seller posts an
auction which others think is *not* fair but he/she does? Nice can o'
worms there, guys <g>.

Kevin

--
Email: kwilson_tccs@compuserve.com