 Marketplace / Theory / 474
Re: Feedback solicitation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 21:38:03 GMT

   I read in the eBay rules once that positive feedback can be given to
anyone for any reason, but negative feedback must be transaction related.  I
think there was an example for a positive feedback that said, "So and so
turned me onto eBay, forever grateful!!!"
   You don't have to have a transaction to leave feedback.

--
   Have fun!
   John
Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <380B918F.203483C2@voyager.net>...
Here's a theory question for you. Is it wrong to solicit eBay feedback?
Is it uncouth? I want, for purely selfish reasons, as well as for
reasons to do with the whole Quixote thing, to see my feedback a bit
higher than it currently is.

I've done a lot more than 6 deals on eBay but 6 is all the feedback I
have. Would I be wrong to dredge up those old deal addresses and
solicit? How about stumping for people who have done deals with me
elsewhere? I've left feedback for other people based on my knowing them
by reputation even if I never did an eBay deal with them and saw nothing
wrong with doing that. (1)

Anyway, if you don't think it is wrong, and you were wondering what
the link was...

this shows you my feedback:
http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=larryp@novera • .com

this lets you post some, should you be so inclined:
http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?LeaveFeedbackShow&useridto=larryp • @novera.com

1- see:  http://pages.ebay.com/services/forum/feedback.html
in particular item 2, quoting: "2. Leave Feedback about an eBay user -
You can leave a brief comment for any eBay user. Most members leave
messages about a buy or sell transaction, but you can leave a note about
anything. " (2)

2 - except things construed as bid siphoning, apparently :-)