 Marketplace / Theory / 426
Re: Feedback solicitation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 13:47:58 GMT

Richard Franks wrote:

In lugnet.market.theory, Mike Stanley writes:
There are some good people selling things on eBay.  There are also a
lot of losers selling tons of crap on there who think they're
"better" than anyone with less than 100 comments.

That is *their* problem, until it becomes *your* problem - ie people choose not
to buy from you as they didn't have to spend an hour reading your feedback.
This is why I feel that soliciting for feedback can be justified.

I don't think you have to spend an hour reading someones feedback. When
evaluating a seller, I look for a reasonable positive rating (the larger
the transaction, the higher I look for). I do go in and look at the
comments. What I do is look at the first screen or two to see that there
is good positive feedback relating to sales. I also try to look at all
the negative feedbacks. Usually I ignore them because I see a seller who
has a 100+ rating with a handfull of negative feedbacks which are
complaints by buyers who seemed trigger happy about a communications
problem. I did chose not to buy from one seller who had several negative
feedbacks about poor packing (including fairly recent ones). One seller
who I bought from once who didn't pack very well, I bought again from,
but mentioned that the first time the packaging was not very good (and
described why I felt it inadequate - constructive criticism here). I
chose to hold off leaving feedback on the first sale. When the 2nd sale
was delivered with good packing, I then left positive feedback.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com