 Marketplace / Theory / 421
Re: Feedback solicitation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 03:49:01 GMT

Here's a theory question for you. Is it wrong to solicit eBay feedback?
Is it uncouth? I want, for purely selfish reasons, as well as for
reasons to do with the whole Quixote thing, to see my feedback a bit
higher than it currently is.

I do believe that this is the norm on eBay, and would hardly be considered
uncouth.  While I do not actively solicit feedback, I have managed to get to
get a decent number of positive feedbacks (46 rating).  I'd wager though,
that if we compared the percentages of auctions run to the percentage of
feedback, that they would be about the same.  (What I am saying is that I
have run ALOT more than 46 auctions)

I suppose that the 'tactful' way to do it would be to mention leaving
feedback when you contact them.  Something like, "If you are happy with the
transaction when it is completed, please leave positive feedback for me."
Even better, after leaving THEM positive feedback, drop them a note saying
something like, "I just left you some positive feedback and would appreciate
it if you would do the same."

Having said all that, I think i'll go leave some people some feedback.  I've
got a huge stack of closed auctions piling up uon my desk!

Troy