 Marketplace / Theory / 425
Re: Feedback solicitation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 12:24:14 GMT

Richard Franks wrote:

There is a difference between saying:
"If you think my service is good then would you consider leaving me some
feedback as I don't have that much".

and:

"If you leave me positive feedback then I'll do the same for you".

I agree. And I'd never leave positive feedback for someone I had serious
issues with just because they left positive feedback for me.

However, given the way eBay works, I have been putting a statement to
the effect of "I welcome feedback and after our transaction completes
I'll be happy to leave you some if you leave me some, or remind me"
because I want to boost my score.

Now, I think Dr What may have went over the edge, although I was tres
amused by it.

Note that I'm not disagreeing with you, I think you already said most of
what I just said. And I agree about it being a personal choice, too.

Just consider it in my case as being a bit of lance sharpening for el
Don.