 Star Wars / 4302
4301  |  4303
Subject:
Millenium Falcon confirmation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 21:40:37 GMT

As if we needed more confirmation on the Millenium Falcon, I was
at the grand opening of the new Lego outlet in GA and heard the following:

Customer to TLG (business suit/manager looking) rep:
Can you help me decide on a SW set for my son?

TLG: Sure. These two are popular...(pointing to X-Wing and Y-Wing/Tie)
This is a dud, sales-wise (pointing to Gungan Sub). The podracer is popular.

I missed some of the rest of the conversation. But he summed up with:

I would buy the X-Wing or the Millenium Falcon (searching shelves as he
said this)...Oh, I am sorry that is not out yet. I would definitely go
with the X-Wing.

Interesting, no?

Craig

PS - I know they where reps, because they were talking about plane flights
taking pictures of the models and store, and look more business-suitish
than the manager (had tag on) and the store employees (wearing Lego shirts)