 Promotional / 99
Re: McDonald's Happy Meals Sets -- modified parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 21:04:22 GMT

On Fri, 29 Oct 1999 19:24:45 GMT, "Lorbaat" <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> wrote:

In lugnet.promo, Steve Bliss writes:

The most noticeable difference is that the sloped & printed surface is smooth,
instead of matte.

I thought this was true of all printed sloped bricks?  I had actually assumed
that the printing process would be fould somehow by the rough surface.

Nope.  I've never seen smooth slopes before, printed or otherwise.  I've got
several examples of printed slopes right next to my computer, and they all have
rough slope surfaces.  These parts include 2x2, 3x2, 2x4, and a 4x4
triple-sloped wedge (from the Droid Starfighter set).

Is it possible the (C)LEGO has been removed because the printing is a
McDonald's character?

That's what I was thinking.  Especially since it wasn't just any McD's
character--it was the clown himself.

Steve