 Promotional / 144
Re: McDonald's Happy Meals Sets -- modified parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.promo
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 14:30:44 GMT

Lorbaat wrote:

In lugnet.promo, Steve Bliss writes:

I'll keep checking these bricks as I get more of these sets.  It will be
interesting (at least to one person on this planet) to see what variations • there
are.

Well, I finally managed to get ahold of some of these, and my slope with
Ronald's image has the (c) LEGO on the inside.

I just assembled Set #2 and looked closely at the slope. The printing is
some kind of transfer, not the usual LEGO printing. I suspect the smooth
slope was designed to be a useable surface for these transfers. This
will probably set a trend for promotional sets.

The good news about this is that it should be easier to remove the
transfer than to remove printing. The bad news is that if you actually
like the pattern, it will probably be more susceptible to wear.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com