 General / 9278
Re: more on McDonalds promo sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.promo
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 19:56:18 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Joslin writes:
<snip>
I went to a McDonald's last night.  I was there for one thing and one thing
only- Lego sets.  I cased the place, and saw no sign of the promotion.  So I
sauntered up to the counter and asked if they had the Lego Happy Meal toys in.

"Oh, yes, yes," the happy man behind the counter told me.

"Wonderful!" I said, "I'll take three of whatever your current set is."

He shuffled off to the back and returned with three Happy Meal polybags.  In
them were figures of Francis, the Ladybug from Disney's "A Bug's Life".
Fortunately for all involved, I caught this before he rang them up.

I was too disappointed to even rant at the guy properly.  I kind of choked and
wandered off.

eric
I had a similar experience today. They only had the lame white trick or
treat bucket. What kid is going to use that dinky little bucket to haul their
treats in?Maybe a 2 or three year old. My 2 year old is using the Lego
Halloween bucket, the older kids are using our silver buckets. Anyway....we
went down the road to a different McDonalds, and they had the Lego for the
happy meals.
Julie