 General / 9271
Re: more on McDonalds promo sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.promo
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 18:45:24 GMT

Ray Sanders wrote in message <3819E516.24240036@gate.net>...
I went to two McDonalds today. At the first one I bought a happy meal.
When I got outside to the car, I looked inside the bag and boy was I
happy. They put two #1s in the bag.

The second McDs sold me another #1 for a dollar. The second store had a
display containing all eight of the models. I can confirm that #5 has
bluish-purple slopes in it. They are *not* standard Lego blue (which was
in another set in the display). Additionally, #3 appears to have three
2x8 pink plates and possibly two 2x4 pink plates as well a few pink slopes.

Both stores told me that the direct purchase price is 0.99 + tax
(although I suspect that this may be franchise dependent). When #3 and
#5 hit the stores, I'm going to buy whatever I can.

Ray

This must be franchise dependent as the two McD's I have queried so far
priced them at $1.69 plus tax.  When a Hamburger Happy Meal costs $1.99 it
is hard to buy these w/o the food.  Fortunately no ones seems to care that I
am an adult eating Happy Meals.  Had one for lunch today in fact and got a
#1.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh