 General / 9558
Re: more on McDonalds promo sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.promo
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 16:57:11 GMT

In lugnet.promo, Gene Weissinger writes:
explain this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=192400125

Myself, wife, and several friends around the country are diligently hunting
for these things - is this an employee or what?
Gene W
EugweCoral
Eugwe@yahoo.com

I can tell you exactly what this is.  It is called evil exploitive toy
piracy.  I collect Star Wars toys and see this kind of stuff all the time.
This is one of three types of sellers: One, it is someone who is an employee
within a distribution center.  These types have access to toys before even
store managers do.   Two, it is a thief.  These types pirate stuff out of
warehouses, trucks, stores, etc.  They are unbelievably bold and unscrupulous,
if you have any doubts think Beanies.  Three, it is some sort of preseller.
This type sells things before they have them.  They feel that they will be
able to fill any orders at some point and if they need to string along the
buyers for awhile they will.  After all they have your money.  It could be a
combination of any or all of the elements but I bet you a BURP and a SPUD that
I am right.  Still, $16.00 for all nine sets is pretty good and it beats what
you'll do to you or your childrens arteries in the long run.

Hope I helped,
Mark L