 General / 9429
Re: stupid question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.promo
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 10:41:54 GMT

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, Mike Stanley (<slrn81t0pg.s4.cjc@zelda.ns.utk.edu>)
wrote at 05:08:34

Jon Bosman <orbitalstarcraft@hotmail.com> wrote:
this is a very stupid question but how do i post a new thread? please email me
at orbitalstarcraft@hotmail.com because I don't check this newsgroup. thanks -
Jon

Wow, that's violating one of the core rules of behaviour for
discussion groups.

Here's what it sounds like to us:

Not to me.

I rather thought there were many groups here on Lugnet so that people
could tune in to their specific interest. Jon has tried to make an on
topic post to a group he doesn't subscribe to.

Having just subscribed to .general myself, he has my sympathy. I had to
wade through hundreds of posts before getting it under control.

(BTW, this isn't a defence of Jon, I just don't like getting lumped in
with generalisations. Perhaps he should have suggested posting the
answer to a group he *does* read)
--
Tony Priestman