 General / 9556
Re: stupid question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 16:32:55 GMT

Thomas Main wrote:
Kevin Wilson wrote:
Larry P wrote:
In Netscape Communicator, for example, one just presses the
second icon from the left instead of the third (the one that has a
pencil/paper icon instead of the one with a down/left pointing arrow).
I looked at my Netscape bar and wondered why it ddn't look like what
Larry said... and realised it's because I have it set to text instead of
icons. Mine says intuitive things like "New Msg" and "Reply" instead of
showing baffling icons :)
I have mine set to small icons instead of baffling text...I also prefer
international iconographic road symbols to text...a picture is worth a
thousand words :)

Baffling text?  What's so baffling about "Next"?  Compared to the
arrow-pointing-to-a-green-dot icon, it speaks volumes about tis
functionality.  If a picture is worth a thousand words, then gimme the
millipictures any day!  :-,

Then again, "Get MSG" can be a bit misleading if you're subject to headaches
when eating cheap Japanese food...  :-P

Cheers,
- jsproat

It's not the same log.  It's not the same log.  It's not the same log.
  It's not the same log.  It's not the same log.  It's not the same log.
               It's the same log.  It's the same log.  It's the same log.