 General / 9283
Re: I wonder where he got the scans from?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 21:00:03 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Kevin Loch wrote:

having the scans centralized in one place at least allows
TLG to monitor their quality.

What do you mean my "monitor quality?"  I think "observe activity"
would be a better choice of words.

TLG, by going to a central place, could if it wished, improve the
quality of scans that are poor by, for example, supplying better ones,
or supplying actual instructions for a volunteer to scan.

Not that they would ever do that, of course, but they COULD if they
wanted to...

Exactly. This is what I meant.

A Fan site can have
significant quality and content defects and still be very useful.

Agreed.

Kevin's site is superb. I've downloaded almost all of the town/train/boats and
every catalog and I have yet to find one that I wouldn't keep because of its
quality.

Also as we
have shown, a Fan site can utilize the efforts of hundreds of volunteers to
accomplish it's goal.

Let me reiterate here how useful eBay is as a source for scans. Practically
every Lego set in existence passes through there. I am constantly on the
lookout for missig scans.