 General / 9190
Re: I wonder where he got the scans from?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 04:19:13 GMT

John DiRienzo <ig88888888@stlnet.com> wrote:
  I don't intend to sound harsh, either, but...

Well, I do mean to sound harsh.

You're wrong.  Period.  So wrong, in fact, that I must believe
you're simply ignorant of the realities of copyright issues.  It's
either that or you believe that just because someone's doing
something wrong and hasn't been told to not do it, then it's ok, and
I'd rather not believe that about you.

I don't give a flying rat's behind that some people may come up with
reasons to "justify" Europeans selling these CDs.  They don't like
having to pay for local calls by the minute?  Great, have them work
to change that, but that doesn't give them the right to download
copyrighted material, put it on a CD, and sell it.

A few random losers selling this could very well bring about a
formal demand to Kevin to shut down brickshelf.com - and he'd be
forced to take down a site we ALL use.  If you don't believe that's
possible you need to look into what some companies have done to fan
sites, and specifically look for instances where companies have done
an about-face and nailed fan sites.  It's happened - it can happen
with TLG.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/