 General / 9202
Re: I wonder where he got the scans from?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 12:45:29 GMT

Will Hess <willhess@bbnp.com> wrote:
Is this the CD that had instructions for "fan created" (or something like
that) models too?  If it is that raises a big question for me...what would
I have to do to prevent some jerk from making money off of my published DAT
files.  I'm NOT against distributing them, but it raises my hackles to
think that someone else is being paid (regardless of how little) for MY
work without my explicit knowledge.

Well, you already own the copyright to anything you've created. So you would
be completely within your rights to ask them to stop, or even sue. If you're
really worried, it wouldn't hurt to write up a little fair-play-like bit of
text and attach it to your web page, or whereever, so your desires are more
clear to people.