 General / 9268
Re: I wonder where he got the scans from?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 18:26:13 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tony Kilaras writes:
Any attempt by TLG to close Kevin's site will lead to the use or increased use
of other methods.

true.

having the scans centralized in one place at least allows
TLG to monitor their quality.

What do you mean my "monitor quality?"  I think "observe activity"
would be a better choice of words.

It also allows them the opportunity to use the resource themselves.  It would
take them an enormous effort and expense to create an archive themselves,
especially a public one.  It would have to be perfect.  A Fan site can have
significant quality and content defects and still be very useful.  Also as we
have shown, a Fan site can utilize the efforts of hundreds of volunteers to
accomplish it's goal.

KL