 Trains / 20963 (-100)
  "Super Friction Specials" - Question at Jake / TLC

Hi all! Over the past weeks we had to read nearly daily about "super fcriction wheel sets". I am glad that most of the AFOLs around have saved their humor on this topic and take it just as a minor drawback. On the other hand we will get the new (...) (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct) !

  Re: Two new posters

(...) Hi Jeroen, I corrected your link here above. Well, as allways, verry nice renderings of two beautiful locomotives. Nice models from our Japanese Lego fan. Especially the front lights (black plate)from the EH500.I need to take a close look at (...) (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.jp)

  Re: Worn out Train wheels?

(...) layout. It (...) not (...) before (...) huge, (...) stopped (...) several (...) wheels. I (...) sticky (...) Being something of a newbie to trains, all of my wheel sets are the new Super Friction Specials (nice phrase, that :-). After making (...) (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Two new posters

Hi all, Sometimes simple thing can take a while and/or cost more engery than one hoped for. Today I am proud to present you two posters of MOCs by Higasi Nakano. If you haven't seen his work, I'll advise you to take a look at his Brickshelf pages ( (...) (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.jp, lugnet.announce) !

  Re: LDCC and RCX gizmos (long)

(...) snip! (...) I believe that Mark is already working on a couple of different ways to control more than 9 DCC decoders on a layout. As he does, I will extend Full Throttle to support the new features. (No pressure, Mark!) The same thing goes for (...) (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorized monorail point with manual and train override

(...) As promised, (URL) (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: more mocs now with teasers

(...) Hi Aaron, Well some of them do - deep links are the ones ending in .jpg (or whatever). The ones ending in ?i=xxxxxx are not deep links, and won't be viewable until moderated. But I like the unimog fire engine :) HTH ROSCO (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Full Throttle and WINE

(...) WINE apparently doesn't emulate network support. My method for loading a web page is unlikely to work under WINE, as this is also a known issue for Virtual Remote. (...) This is the USB Tower driver from the RIS 2.0 package. I'm not too (...) (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: more mocs now with teasers

(URL) fun (i hope these work) Aaron "Benjamin Medinets" <bmedinets@excite.com> wrote in message news:HK7KKx.24Gn@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: more mocs

(...) Is there any chance you can deep-link a few teaser pics so we don't have to wait as long to see your lovely creations? Boy. It looks like Aaron has been a very busy body!!!) :) Ben (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  more mocs

Still loading and after moderation are: Alpine express modifications (URL) (lego version of Stonehenge) (URL) (my first bridge attempt) (URL) wall (why should humans have all the fun) (URL) (Fire trucks based on the unimog truck) (URL) is a deep (...) (21 years ago, 26-Aug-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LDCC and RCX gizmos (long)

(...) with (...) IR (...) locos. (...) Whoops, I meant to comment about this, too. LDCC responds to the message 1, 2 & 3 buttons from the remote. The remote uses LASM opcode 0xD2 to send these messages. However, there is another opcode, 0xF7, that (...) (21 years ago, 25-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LDCC and RCX gizmos (long)

(...) Is there a way with the standard firmware to receive and process arbitrary packets, even those wrapped in the standard Lego IR protocol (as LDCCIRP is)? I'm thinking you may need to use BrickOS for this application. (...) include: (...) list (...) (21 years ago, 25-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) I was thinking that one could make the seal with a thin foam gasket to allow air to still move somewhat freely (...) I was thinking of this as well...just a matter of finding such an item. (...) Sounds good to me! I did some testing on my (...) (21 years ago, 25-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Mac track designer

Has anyone seen this? (URL) don't know if the author is aware of LEGO trains, so I've written him and pointed him here. It looks like the library might be configurable to work with LEGO geometry but I don't have time to investigate. Amy (21 years ago, 25-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Getting Started With Lego Trains - Jake's Book

Shorter URL: (URL) Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) (remove SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 25-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish, lugnet.books)

  Re: MOCs,

(...) To Aaron, Great MOC's , I really like the Santa fe . It just needs some stickers ! I one day hope to come up to Queensland for one of the train meetings. Have you seen some of the trains that I have built ? Or Ross's crains. There on the MUGS (...) (21 years ago, 25-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: DCC slowing?

I wonder if this is a caused by low track voltage? The DCC decoder does not put a steady voltage to the motor but rather pulses the motor with the duration of the pulses increasing for increasing speed. Although the motors are no doubt vulnerable to (...) (21 years ago, 25-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  LDCC and RCX gizmos (long)

I am contemplating how to integrate control of a roundhouse roundtable with control of trains using LDCC (URL). Currently the roundtable software is in NQC on an RCX and is controlled by IR messages 1, 2 and 3, which can be generated by the LEGO (...) (21 years ago, 25-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains)

  Full Throttle and WINE

Just wanted to report that I loaded Full Throttle 1.00 (URL) in RedHat Linux 8.x using WINE version 20020605-2, and it loaded just fine and appeared to send IR commands through COM1 (don't have a RCX with LDCC at the moment to make sure). The only (...) (21 years ago, 25-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: MOCs,

Oh oh, waiting to see the fire trucks! Josh (21 years ago, 25-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: MOCs,

"Aaron Coghill" <coghilla@austarnet.com.au> wrote in message news:HK5H6y.oEM@lugnet.com... (...) just a (...) of my (...) moderated so (...) Thanks for posting your work. The train crane is my favorite so far. Your work is very pleasing. Looking (...) (21 years ago, 25-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Getting Started With Lego Trains - Jake's Book

Searching through Amazon last night, I stumbled across something very insteresting... Enter "Lego Trains" into the Amazon search tool and you get a hit on Jake McKee's new book! Getting Started with Lego Trains by Jacob H. McKee paperback, 128 pages (...) (21 years ago, 25-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish, lugnet.books) !

  MOCs,

Hi all, I've been very quiet for the last year or so. I've been around just a bit quiet. I have building stuff and over the last week been taking pics of my creations, and am currently posting them to brickshelf. Posted and moderated so far are: (...) (21 years ago, 25-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) a (...) Indeed, you should see the way my 5 year old liked to tug the wires off the motors and battery boxes - good thing they use heavy cable and a strain relief! He knows better now. :-) Mark (21 years ago, 23-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC slowing?

<SNIP> (...) Hi Chris and all others, If you open a Lego train motor, you'll find there 3 electrical components in it. First, and largest part, is the motor itself, second is a 'black cilindrical' piece witch is placed in parallel with the motor (...) (21 years ago, 23-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) Hmmmm not sure, never tried this. Possibly remove the existing wires, and try to fit 4 thinner wires out where the 2 currently exit. The standard wire is probably heavier than necessary, another case of LEGO over-engineering (in a good way!). (...) (21 years ago, 23-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) During the DCC conversion described by Tom Cook, there is some kind of semiconductor that gets removed from the train motor. I wonder if this component is somehow responsible for preventing excessive current in the motor windings? Judging from (...) (21 years ago, 23-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Worn out Train wheels?

(...) Hello, To all train builders ! Ok, So we have had a fare bit of a talk about 9v train wheels, and their problems. But I have a few 12v wheels and 7750 wheels that I like to run on 9v track.Do any of you know how to make 12v wheels go better ? (...) (21 years ago, 23-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Worn out Train wheels?

The last time my trains were run (at BrickFest) I experienced no end of troubles with wheelsets that had all been used before with no apparent problems. Yes, some of them are the newer super-friction specials but at the time they were installed on (...) (21 years ago, 23-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(not really replying to my own post, but adding the 2 cents of Robert Miles and my reply to him...) (...) This does explain exactly why the long, heavy trains had such trouble on the curves, and why the banked curve in particular would be (...) (21 years ago, 23-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) Yup. What's your opinion of the best place for the wires to exit the case? Either side of the accessory connector? Out the front? (...) and most do (...) (21 years ago, 23-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) Neither my idea nor my track :) It worked, though. (...) Sounds like an excellent idea. (21 years ago, 23-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) Oops. Sorry. Didn't know what I was doing. Anyway, the folder is public now... (21 years ago, 23-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) I think this has been mentined before and I wish LEGO made the train motors like this! Oh well, maybe one day. Another option for the lead to the decoder is to take a standard 9V lead with 2x2 end, slice the conductors on the bottom in half, (...) (21 years ago, 22-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) Ya. Leave it to YOU to do that, right? (just everyone wait to see what Rob and I are cooking up... I'm going to make sure I have plausible deniability on any actual brickmods though... "it wasn't me, honest! It was ROB!" ) (21 years ago, 22-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) You'd prefer they leave that job to you? *grin* JohnG, GMLTC fut ??? (21 years ago, 22-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) Steel wool? Wow! I would think that would be a bit harsh on LEGO track and I can imagine lots of fibers getting caught on the studs of the ties as well. I found that using a small dab of Brasso on a cloth rag and running it down the rails (...) (21 years ago, 22-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) Mine either! How DARE these people cut, hack, and mod their LEGO!!!! (21 years ago, 22-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC slowing?

Good info here... however... (...) Deep links end in .jpg or .gif or whatever the file type is, and give the real location of the file, they do not end in .cgi parameters. You need to click through one more time to get the deep link value. Hope that (...) (21 years ago, 22-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) After we cleaned the tracks with steel wool, disassembled them, transported them to the road show and reassembled them, the coupler magnets still picked up a copious amount of steel wool fibers. I certainly wouldn't want to get *that* stuff (...) (21 years ago, 22-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) I was thinking that as long as we are modifying the motors in a manner to perform better, I was looking at the possible places we could open the motor box to allow ventilation for the motor. Perhaps we could cut a hole on the bottom directly (...) (21 years ago, 22-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) At the Indianpolis LEGO Road Show this past Friday, we ran the same layout as John referred to at the top of this thread. All the heavy locos that ran the outer loop experienced the exact same symptoms as he mentioned above, to the point where (...) (21 years ago, 22-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: New train MOC and Orange passenger car

(...) What I meant was: Maybe you can use the simple bricks at the ends of the roof, if you're just a bit short of the more sophisticated ones. (...) Yes, If all goes well. I've registerd for all 5 exibition days of the event, but not for the (...) (21 years ago, 21-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  modeling monorail ramps (TrackDraw)

Track Designer models a pair of monorail upper and lower ramp parts as a single piece. Do you view this as a feature or a restriction? I can't recall seeing half of a ramp unconnected to the other half in a layout. Have you found a need for half a (...) (21 years ago, 21-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train MOC and Orange passenger car

(...) The total wieght of those bricks is higher than the 6081 and plates on top. Leaves also enough room to put lightbulbs (or white LED's) in the top of the roof, witch can't be done with the 6215 bricks. Just thinking a bit ahead ... Regards, (...) (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train ramps

(...) Also be chary of changing the RATE of climb too fast or (in my view, although this is a bit controversial) changing the rate of climb on curves. See the FAQ: (URL) leads you to this excellent resource: (URL) that helps. (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train ramps

(...) From what I understand the most you should slope the track is 1 plate per section. I've heard of people pushing it to 2 plates per section but it can lead to traction problems. Mike (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train ramps

(...) They are actually stiff but you are able to move it around the connection. You can build a ramp though, however it does put stress on the motor letting you pull less cars. I'm not sure of the grade for the track is, I only operate a point to (...) (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Train ramps

Hey guys, I am thinking of redesigning my arctic base and want to place a train in it. How flexable are the tracks? Can I make a ramp with them so that the train can go up and down without placing to much stress on the track pieces? Thanks, Larry (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Motorized monorail point with manual and train override

Motorized Point 2 is undoubtedly my best work yet on trains (not saying much!) (URL) have a couple pics to add to version 2 which shows the track installed on the apparatus. (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Remote Switch plan

(...) Whoops, replying to my own post. OK, I put together a quick version of the single clutch machine. This one works on easy-to-move points. If it doesn't work well, you should just use the double-clutch point machine instead, with which I've (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Remote Switch plan

(...) I'm having a low-energy day. I'll throw together an LDR file and put the steps on Brickshelf shortly. Since I don't have them handy, I'm working from memory, so I'll get the key bits right and leave the rest as an exercise to the student. (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: New train MOC and Orange passenger car

(...) Well, the commuter train IS red, the orange look comes from the overlighting from my digital camera. Perhaps i should make a new picture for upload. The only Orange car is the partial build passenger car witch can be found at : (URL) painted (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Remote Switch plan

(...) them (...) Gee, I thought I might get an answer sooner than that! :-) Too early to tell with any certainty about BFPDX, but I did run it by my NLSO and she's OK with being in Portland on Valentine's day, so hopefully everything else will fall (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Remote Switch plan

(...) Yes, this is Jeff Elliott's design. We used them very successfully at the NMRA show this summer. Unfortunately he's very busy preparing to move, so probably won't be able to post details anytime soon. I've got copies of the easy throw model at (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Remote Switch plan

(...) Was it the one in the trains 2 room? I did snap some pics of that, because I'd love to have automated switches :) (4 URLs) that helps! (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Remote Switch plan

(...) The problem is, I saw it, held it in my hand, but was far too distracted to remember all the 'intricate' gearing and connections... Was tres sweet, though! I believe it was a JeffE design(tm). Dave K (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  COLTC Mall at Tuttle Crossing Show Report

Following close on the heels of the inaugural show of the Central Ohio LEGO Train Club (COLTC), we had our 2nd display at the Mall on Tuttle Crossing, in Dublin, Ohio. Set up was on Friday night & the display lasted 2 days. Now to the picts! We have (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: Shirley day Lego Setup

(...) Keep doing what you love James. I too have done a solo gig where I had put on display a 32' long cable-stayed bridge in a window at a toy store. Yes, a lot of work!!! When I was done and standing outside admiring it, a couple walked by and (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Remote Switch plan

(...) You expect me to actually read your stuff??? (...) I got a pair of brand new unopened switches, still in the box. I'll bring them to BF 2004 PDX and we can test it all out there, what do you say? Deal? (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Remote Switch plan

Yes, that would be feature #3: Works with unmodified switches. :-) Though, to be honest, I don't know whether I have the new stiffer switches or not, so I'm not 100% on that. (Still waiting for someone who knows they have the stiff switches to try (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Remote Switch plan

(...) Does that require switch modification? The rtlToronto gang(1) had not one but TWO boffo powered points designs (using clutch gears) that did not require internal switch modification, they had torque to burn and easily threw unmodified switches (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train MOC and Orange passenger car

(...) Hi Ludo, thanks for doing this posting about this orange train. Although you made me loosing a bet (luckiely for me the bet was just about being right or wrong). We were talking about your nice train creations yesterday at late afternoon in (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train MOC and Orange passenger car

In lugnet.trains, Ludo Soete wrote: [snip] (...) (URL) typical case of forgetting to copy the second link, and so pasting the first link twice. It happened to all of us. (...) Can't you use, at least partially, Brick 2 x 3 with Curved Top also? (the (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train MOC and Orange passenger car

(...) Hi Jeroen, You made also a nice version of this kind of train (type R06). Note that the second car's different from the first one in real live! I notice also the use of the curved track in your rendering, great! Now i see someone who use it, (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train MOC and Orange passenger car

(...) Hi Ludo, As it happens, I finished my (LDraw) version last month but hadn't posted on Brickshelf yet. I made it after this picture (URL) and this is the first result: (URL) did rotate the first car as second car and didn't place pantographs (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Shirley day Lego Setup

(...) That was always one of my favorite things about working at the LEGO Imagination Center. Families would look at the big displays, Mom & Dad would say something like "that's impossible", kids would look at the same displays and say "If *I* had (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats)

  New train MOC and Orange passenger car

Hi folks, Here's a link to a picture from a commutertrain i created after a real model from the Belgian Railways. (URL) The blue 1*2 plates içn the door are changed to neon-green transparent plates, but should be clear transparent ones. On this link (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Melbourne W2 class tram at Myer Melbourne

(...) Very cool ... and I'd like to see the 6 wide version too ... which reminds me I've been thinking of modelling the trams here in Brussels too ....I only need more time ... SteveH BeLUG (...) (21 years ago, 17-Aug-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.sculpture, FTX)

  Re: Shirley day Lego Setup

(...) If I had done it "in" victoria, rather than ~30 km from downtown, then, yes, I would have a chance to dig a few out of the woodwork. But, this was mostly self indulgent to display :), I just have a grand time doing the unusual. (...) Yep, big (...) (21 years ago, 17-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

In lugnet.trains, Jonathan Wilson wrote: ... (...) ... IMO, that's a pretty amusing statement. Without you having seen either the source to Track Designer or TrackDraw, I think it is a reach to say which would be easier to port to Linux. TrackDraw (...) (21 years ago, 17-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Shirley day Lego Setup

(...) With displays like this you should be able to dig a few AFOLs out of the woodwork. Either that or cause a few to consider moving to the Victoria area. (...) Sounds incredible. How long did it take you to set it up? Do you have any suggestions (...) (21 years ago, 17-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

(...) I was unaware that was the point you were making. But if it is, (I was confused, your post read like a multiplatform rant rather than a request to get the source available) why yes, I agree. It's been a year since the community last tried to (...) (21 years ago, 17-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

(...) Track Designer is written in Visual C++ and probobly makes heavy use of windows GDI and user calls to make it work. However, there are Open Source libraries available that essentially provide these calls and map them to similar calls on a (...) (21 years ago, 17-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Shirley day Lego Setup

I've just got back from doing another solo gig- isn't living in a AFOL shy area great? Anyway, I had 30' by 30-120" to play with, including the debut of two new features for me, a pond (canal) system, and "Bricstol Temple Meads". The pond kind of (...) (21 years ago, 17-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

(...) I'm not sure which you are referring to, Track Designer or Track Draw... As for Track Designer, even with the source, I expect it would be a very hard port to any non Windows platform. I believe it was written in Visual Basic or Visual C++ (I (...) (21 years ago, 17-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:HJpp7t.166s@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) all (...) more, (...) Larry is right, while usefule TD's time has come and I expect Cary's TrackDraw application will be far (...) (21 years ago, 17-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

(...) Actually, depending on how well its written, it might be possible to port it to linux or something. I know that there is some stuff for doing .NET on linux but: 1.its not finished and doesnt do everything microsoft version does 2.its likely (...) (21 years ago, 17-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Melbourne W2 class tram at Myer Melbourne

Browsing through Myer Melbourne (dept store) for LEGO bargains, I came across the following sculpture, and kinda liked it so I went back later with my camera: (URL) W2 class tram>> Here's a pic of the real thing: (URL) W2 class tram>> There's some (...) (21 years ago, 17-Aug-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.sculpture, FTX)

  Re: Combines and loads (was Re: New poster by Larry Pieniazek/MTW

(...) Can' wait to see some more detailed pictures of this model. Sounds by far more complicated as it seemed to be on the first view.... Ben (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Combines and loads (was Re: New poster by Larry Pieniazek/MTW

(...) A bit of trickery there... :-) The cab is 6 wide at the top (the hinged part) but the stationary part is only 5 wide, using tiles to handle the mismatch. The stationary part sits on a 6 wide plate base which is offset 1/2 stud from the frame, (...) (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

(...) I agree it would be nice, but with the advent of TrackDraw (coming soon we all hope, the demo that Cary gave at BF was amazing) it's not as important any more, except as a way to determine what the format of .tdl files are so that an importer (...) (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: That's horsepower! ( was Re: New poster by Larry Pieniazek/MTW

(...) No, actually all these pictures came from different pages, where the amount of horsepower was given in picture underlines.... (...) I will try to have a clloser look at the 3-d picture right now. Thanks for pointing this out - I simply was (...) (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Combines and loads (was Re: New poster by Larry Pieniazek/MTW

(...) Mornin' Larry, [width of combine) (...) Ok, from the 1024x768 poster I was not too sure about it: I just saw the 6-wide cabin and the 2 studs mudgear on each side of it. Obviously these are wider than the body of the machinery. In this case I (...) (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New German Diesel Locomotive

(...) Hey, no problem! :) (...) Thanks. The front is better designed in your model, I've used SNOT, but it doesn't looks too good. My "Ludmila" is longer - 38 studs. shgg.dt (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Track Designer Registry

(...) OK, digging up an old thread here... WE WANT TD SOURCE CODE!!!!!!!! Matt? Leonardo? Anyone? I know this is an old thread (maybe dead) but I have to ask for the ten thousanth time for fellow trainheads (and myself). May we (...) (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: New German Diesel Locomotive

(...) I am sorry that I didn't notice the posting of your locomotive. Your model is very well done. Proper 3-axle wheel sets, and better stacking of the fence vents. Very nice. Thanks for announcing it. later, James Mathis (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: That's horsepower! ( was Re: New poster by Larry Pieniazek/MTW

If you stare at the picture in just a way that it makes a third image between the two (try looking up "parallel viewing" or "cross viewing" on Google), then you can see the 3d effect without using a card. Rob "Larry Pieniazek" (...) (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New German Diesel Locomotive

(...) Well, it's funny, I've made a model of the same locomotive few weeks ago... take a look at: (URL) shgg.dt (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  That's horsepower! ( was Re: New poster by Larry Pieniazek/MTW

(...) Wow. Thanks for those links. That's some horsepower. Did you count them to determine 33 or 38 or whatever? If so, you have far better eyes than me, all those horses kinda blur together and I doze off trying to count them. (...) That last pic (...) (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Patiently waiting for BF/train ppt's

(...) I have a few authors I have to get permissions (I THOUGHT I remembered to ask permission in advance but I forget if I did or not) and final copies from and then they will all be going up into the ILTCO library. Please be patient a bit longer (...) (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Combines and loads (was Re: New poster by Larry Pieniazek/MTW

(...) That's OK... I love splitting hairs! (...) Rather LESS! :-) The combine body, when loaded on the drop center flat has to fit through the same tunnel on my layout that my previous MTW-1004 Transformer on Drop Center model has to fit through. So (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Patiently waiting for BF/train ppt's

Especially the LDCC!!!! -Rob (ppt - PowerPoint presentation) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New poster by Larry Pieniazek/MTW

(...) After a second trial google came up with these links with up to 38 horses: (URL) (16 horses) (URL) (33 horses) (URL) (33 horses again) (URL) (38 horses) Leg Godt! Ben (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New poster by Larry Pieniazek/MTW

(...) Hi Larry, I do not want to split hairs, but a - more or less - 10wide combine on a 6-wide car?! That would mean a 5 meters combine on a 3 meters train car. Are American combines that big?! Ok, the main body might measure only 8 wide and that (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:HJoJHH.I1A@lugnet.com... (...) Man, do I need a holiday now... ;-) Jeroen (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New poster by Larry Pieniazek/MTW

(...) The credit all goes to Jeroen, all I did was kvetch about how he had stuff placed from the sidelines. :-) (...) Na... (nice try, though). It's a 6 wide model that just happens to overhang its carrier car. Completely prototypical for something (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: bnsf b23-7

(...) I don't think so, but I have been poking around on the web and found some real picture. What a good looking LEGO model that would make! Thanks, now I going to have to build one to go with my dash 9s... Robin W GFLTC (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New German Diesel Locomotive

(...) You are surly right Niels, but a google search gave me several hits, where both engines V120/220 and 232 have been called Taigatrommel. Obviously lots of people haven't noticed the design change and used that name on all USSR diesels in (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact