 Trains / 20952
Re: LDCC and RCX gizmos (long)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 20:23:50 GMT

"Brian B. Alano" wrote:
I am contemplating how to integrate control of a roundhouse roundtable • with
control of trains using LDCC <http://home.surewest.net/markril/lego/dcc/>.
Currently the roundtable software is in NQC on an RCX and is controlled by • IR
messages 1, 2 and 3, which can be generated by the LEGO remote or BrixCC.
However, LDCC also uses these messages to control the headlights on DCC • locos.
How do I control the turntable without conflicting with LDCC control?

Whoops, I meant to comment about this, too.  LDCC responds to the
message 1, 2 & 3 buttons from the remote.  The remote uses LASM
opcode 0xD2 to send these messages.  However, there is another
opcode, 0xF7, that can be used to send messages 0 to 255 to an
RCX running the standard firmware.  LDCC ignores this opcode, so
there should be no conflict if a program like Full Throttle (or a
track automation program) could generate messages using the 0xF7
code.

Mark