 Trains / 21019
Re: LDCC and RCX gizmos (long)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 2003 22:08:16 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mark Riley wrote:

Is there a way with the standard firmware to receive and
process arbitrary packets, even those wrapped in the standard
Lego IR protocol (as LDCCIRP is)?  I'm thinking you may need
to use BrickOS for this application.

Argh! Yes, you are right. I was asumimg that since the standard firmware can
send arbitrary packets (that is right, isn't it?), it ought to be able to
receive them as well. Time to consider alternate firmware.