 Trains / 20924
Re: DCC slowing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 13:42:34 GMT

Good info here... however...

In lugnet.trains, Brian B. Alano wrote:

I "retouched" one of Tom Cook's images from
http://www.lgauge.com/trains/dcc/dcc.htm to illustrate the confusion that
follows. See http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=54412 (deep links
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=496917 and
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=496910)

Those are not "deep links"!!!!

Deep links end in .jpg or .gif or whatever the file type is, and give the real
location of the file, they do not end in .cgi parameters. You need to click
through one more time to get the deep link value.

Hope that helps! I'm keen to see what you're getting at. (although I probably
won't actually want to do external decoders myself, my purity hasn't degraded
quite that far yet)