 Trains / 20851
Re: DCC slowing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 13:17:05 GMT

Is it possible we may have in some manner damaged the RCX, the motors or the
decoders when we had the steel wool flame-up?
I think the RCXs are okay, as they're internally protected against shorts. Don't
know what a brief short might do to a decoder/motor, though. The current has to
get through the decoder before it can get to the motors, and the decoder
regulates the voltage that goes to the motor. It might not be able to stop a
spike from getting through, though.
-Brian