 Trains / 20896
Re: Shirley day Lego Setup
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 13:22:07 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Powell wrote:
Seeing John G's comments about "fun", it does come down to the people who are
going to be there- this was a LOT of work for an individual collection, but it
was a lot of fun to see the look on a few of the local kids when they realized
that the boats were floating, and moving in real water, and that yes, if they
had as many bricks as I did, they too could build it.

That was always one of my favorite things about working at the LEGO Imagination
Center.  Families would look at the big displays, Mom & Dad would say something
like "that's impossible", kids would look at the same displays and say "If *I*
had enough bricks, I could build that..."  *grin*

JohnG, GMLTC